Class 08

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
Mustang

Re: Class 08

Post by Mustang »

Mountain wrote:Wasp stripes are difficult to get right. The 08 does not have a flat surface in which to apply masking if brush or spray painting. Your method is more promising but as you hae mentioned... It still is not easy!

I have a narrow gauge diesel I have yellow bufderbeams on and I am a bit nurvous to try! I once tried with a Lima class 08 via masking and brush painting and I was not really happy with the results.

Not an easy task. You have done very well.
I would offer to do them for you but after these I need a break from trains going to crack on with a helicopter next.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

So I'm calling this done, the build wasn't a bad build but I'll never you Railtec decals again I didn't get on with them at all really.

After the wasps decals the simple loco number and the side logo where even worse so much so that the original number I was going to use just got destroyed and so I ended up having to use a different number. Both the number and logo just would not sit down and kept curling up on all sides. In the end I ended up having to use some vallejo clear window glue to help sit them down the following day.

Mountain

Post by Mountain »

That really does look good!
Thank you for the offer, but I am ok. I like to be able to do things myself if possible. It gives a consistant look. Your excellent abilities may stand out next to mine on my layout.