Information please

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
glenng

Information please

Post by glenng »

Thinking of getting a Ixion O Hudswell Clarke 13in x 20in 0-6-0 Saddle Tank RTR in Maroon has any one got one to tell me what they are like?
Mike Bellamy

Re: Information please

Post by Mike Bellamy »

They are not yet available. Originally due in April, my supplier has now told me they are now expected in June. I have seen the pre-production prototype and there were a number of changes to be made which seems to have delayed things. They have also dropped the plan for a blue loco as many customers were asking for black.

Their website indicates that the final samples are due from the factory about now and once these have been checked then they will authorise production.
Latest news here http://www.ixionmodels.com/welcome_page.htm

If you scroll down that page you will see the pre-production model in plain grey plastic - there is a moulding line on the boiler below the handrail and another across the middle of the bunker - these are being removed on the finished model but I was told that there were a number of other minor changes - looks like they want to get it as good as they can for the price - should be well worth waiting for.

Mike
fatmac

Re: Information please

Post by fatmac »

For anyone new looking here, I have a black one & it is a good little loco.