dapol 08 in "0"

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
m mcdermott

dapol 08 in "0"

Post by m mcdermott »

this could be a cheap way in at £165 preorder from liverpool emporium .dapol announce "0" gauge 08
61215 billy carver
Mike Bellamy

Re: dapol 08 in "0"

Post by Mike Bellamy »

I understand that there are two more 7mm locos in the planning stage (both steam) and in fact a posting on RMweb a few weeks ago indicated that Tower Models had announced the details too soon and Dapol asked them to remove it from the web site.

I see that the announcements were made at the Alexandria Palace show and I wonder if samples of the new stock were on display to see. I was at the Warley show last November when Dapol announced the three different open wagons and they had pre-production samples on display. Photos of the different wagons are now available on the Dapol web site.

Mike
m mcdermott

Post by m mcdermott »

Mike Bellamy wrote:I understand that there are two more 7mm locos in the planning stage (both steam) and in fact a posting on RMweb a few weeks ago indicated that Tower Models had announced the details too soon and Dapol asked them to remove it from the web site.

I see that the announcements were made at the Alexandria Palace show and I wonder if samples of the new stock were on display to see. I was at the Warley show last November when Dapol announced the three different open wagons and they had pre-production samples on display. Photos of the different wagons are now available on the Dapol web site.

Mike
if they are in the same price bracket i cant see them failing its very tempting to upset the plastic and invest at that price . your nearly talking that for 00 pacific recomended price ..........mali
61215 billy carver
jcm@gwr

Post by jcm@gwr »

Just got back from Ally Pally, looked in at the Dapol stand. The new RTR PO wagons
look good [and at £40 ish, good value], but only a printed sheet on the 08.
Mind you the specs. look good; 5 pole motor, DCC ready, sound available, extra weight
for good traction, low ratio gearbox, seperate metal handrails & details, etc.
RRP £199.95, even at full retail it's good value.
Jeff
m mcdermott

Post by m mcdermott »

couldn,t resist 08 ordered looking at some likely wagons graph paper out and doodling a shunting plank . plastic last seen sobbing and running running for cover but a ogauge loco at that price i fell . i,ll be able to see my railway at last :D and im sticking to that excuse no matter how many times she asks .
61215 billy carver
fatmac

Post by fatmac »

Release date appears to be April 2013.

A Terrier & Beattie well tank also sometime next year, I believe.

Edit: Now 2014 !!! Terrier supposedly around June 2014.
m mcdermott

Post by m mcdermott »

I got sick of waiting and stuck with "00" :cry:
61215 billy carver
fatmac

Post by fatmac »

.....and still no sight of them! Meanwhile, Ixion have produced 3 small 0 gauge locos.