Help desperately reuired Bachmann Deltic

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
lappylugs3

Help desperately reuired Bachmann Deltic

Post by lappylugs3 »

Hi everybody, maybe someone can help. The night before last i managed to knock my pride and joy - Bachmann Deltic, off the layout. It fell 4ft. to a concrete floor resulting in a broken buffer, both the bogeys snapped away from the chassis ( the lug that holds the bogey to the chassis with a small screw from the top). I managed to re-glue the buffer , and re-glue the broken pieces of plastic back onto the bogey frame to accept the retaining screw. My problem is that i cannot put it all back together - including 2 plastic drive shafts that fit into plastic cups ( one end to the motor, the other end to the bogey ). Also the two wires, red and black, have come away and need re-soldering. As a pensioner with trembling hands, poor eyesight, and no knowledge at all of this type of model - i am truly stumped. I am willing to pay for a repair and prepared to post to the uk. If anybody could help me i would be so grateful - cheers, kevin
mossdp

Re: Help desperately reuired Bachmann Deltic

Post by mossdp »

Hi Kevin, There is a bot of a knack to getting the drive shafts in place. I have done it often. If you need someone to help, let me know. Damian
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

lappylugs3 wrote:I am willing to pay for a repair and prepared to post to the uk.
Where are you located, Kevin?
Regards
Rob
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Further information that will be useful to anyone taking on the repair, the catalogue number of the model, and a copy of the parts diagram that came in the pack, in case spares prove to be necessary. (Gone are the days when Bachmann had a file of parts diagrams on their site.)
lappylugs3 wrote:... both the bogeys snapped away from the chassis ( the lug that holds the bogey to the chassis with a small screw from the top). I managed to... re-glue the broken pieces of plastic back onto the bogey frame to accept the retaining screw.
That top piece of the bogie assembly with the bogie pivot that takes the securing screw, is itself a screw attached component, and typically listed as a separate spare in Bach's twin bogie designs. Unless the re-glue functions perfectly I would want to renew that, as it is critical to the trackholding of the model.
lappylugs3 wrote:... I am willing to pay for a repair and prepared to post to the uk...
Just my opinion, but if the implication here is that the model is outside the UK, this method has the potential to very quickly become uneconomic due to the charges at national borders. Best to find someone in country, and only have to pay such charges should any spares prove necessary.
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

As Ironduke asked, where are you?
Pete.
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

Not so desperate after all?
Pete.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Possibly has limited internet access? Two posts on this site in nine years says 'not a frequent visitor'...
Metadyneman

Post by Metadyneman »

Just a thought but maybe a private message to the original poster might get a response. Not everyone likes to reveal location information on the main forums. As Bigmet has said, limited internet access could also be a reason. We don't all live in a "fast response" world. I suspect the "desperation" originates from the devastating realisation that his much loved model has been seriously damaged rather than the desire to have it repaired rapidly.
If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side!
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

Good point, but the post was in desperation and we're trying to help. He might even live near me in S E Qld.
Pete.
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

Metadyneman wrote:Just a thought but maybe a private message to the original poster might get a response
It did, but I won't reveal Kevin's location until he does.
Peterm wrote:He might even live near me in S E Qld.
he doesn't.
Regards
Rob