B & H Models limited edition Bachmann wagons

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
muggins

B & H Models limited edition Bachmann wagons

Postby muggins » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Being originally from the county, I'd love to know what Lincolnshire private owner wagons have been commissioned by B & H Models of Lincoln. I've emailed them to ask if they can tell me where I might find a list, but I haven't been favoured with a reply, so - does anybody know of a likely alternative source of the information?

Bigmet

Re: B & H Models limited edition Bachmann wagons

Postby Bigmet » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:17 pm

I threw one possible search term into google and some came up:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SF ... CA0&uact=5

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:22 pm

muggins wrote:Being originally from the county, I'd love to know what Lincolnshire private owner wagons have been commissioned by B & H Models of Lincoln. I've emailed them to ask if they can tell me where I might find a list, but I haven't been favoured with a reply, so - does anybody know of a likely alternative source of the information?

Don't know if Bachmann would be helpful.
I bet some Lincolnshire wagons would have been featured in their 'Classic Coal Trader' wagon packs they have produced over the years.

Pete

muggins

Postby muggins » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Cheers gents. Off now to do some more investigating ... :)

George Stein

Postby George Stein » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:32 pm

Writing from the USA. As I wanted a small fleet of coal traders wagons for the Oxford area, I bought unpainted Dapol wagons and used a number of decals from Robbies Rolling Stock, Very easy to use. Paint sides white, ends the body color of the decal. Check him out. "Robbies Rolling Stock" I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

George
North Carolina

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:14 pm

I've just found my old (3rd edition) of Ramsay's British Model Trains catalogue. It's well over 10 years old.
There's lots of info on Bachmann Classic Coal Traders with quite a few Lincolnshire private owners mentioned.
It also tells you which are special editions such as B & H Models etc.

Pete

Note: They are now on edition 9 of Ramsay's which was published in 2016. This is the most upto date version.

Mike Parkes

Postby Mike Parkes » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:56 pm

RailwayRobbo wrote:Note: They are now on edition 9 of Ramsay's which was published in 2016. This is the most upto date version.

Actually 2015. Unfortunately it is riddled with errors having been written on the basis models would would appear when originally announced so for example to 64xx is listed as appearing in 2015 and the still awaited 94x in 2016. There is or was somewhere on the web a similar listing also erroneous in places, and like Ramsays listed the never released Bachmann 04s that were intended to use the new 03 chassis (31-343 and 31-344) as having been released (Ramsays says 2013 which is a blatant lie and should have been picked up before it was published).

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:37 pm

RailwayRobbo wrote:... They are now on edition 9 of Ramsay's which was published in 2016. This is the most up to date version...

And most likely the last in print form, based on a comment seen fairly recently. Essentially, huge amount of work, expensive to print, only modest demand.

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Bigmet wrote:
RailwayRobbo wrote:... They are now on edition 9 of Ramsay's which was published in 2016. This is the most up to date version...

And most likely the last in print form, based on a comment seen fairly recently. Essentially, huge amount of work, expensive to print, only modest demand.

I think mine was a freebie from somewhere. I don't think I'd have paid £20 for it.

Pete

Return to “Bachmann”