Need PO wagons for anniversary present ...

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
muggins

Need PO wagons for anniversary present ...

Post by muggins »

For our 40th wedding anniversary I'm trying to put together a short goods train, each wagon of which relates to a town which has been of some significance to us over the years. I've just discovered that I can get a "Penzance" Toad, which has crossed another off the list, but I'm stuck for the last two towns.

I'm certain I've seen PO wagons in coal merchants' liveries from Whitstable and from Boston, but can I 'ell as like recall the names. Do those ring a bell with anybody here? Or can anybody advise how I might find out? Is there any sort of list anywhere of Bachmann PO wagons which might help? Or do I just keep trawling Ebay and Hatton's site?

BTW, the Boston Deep Sea Fishing Co wagon is not an acceptable substitute on account of (I think) that's based in Lowestoft nowadays. And that reminds me, Grimsby would be useful too but I'm fairly certain nothing's ever been done from there.
muggins

Re: Need PO wagons for anniversary present ...

Post by muggins »

Morayshire wrote: ... Links above might be of use ...
Gosh, I''ll say they are! I hadn't thought of the transfer people and the Whitstable one didn't come up when I searched Hatton's.

Thank you very much indeed for your help :)

ETA - now sorted, thank you :)