E4 late version

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
rejrob

E4 late version

Postby rejrob » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:46 pm

Hi all,Knew I could not resist another one???hehe The late BR version arrived from trackshack ,or is shack track,anyway, lovely and heavy which i should imagine will make it a good puller.?Cab detail superb.Real coal will be added and it is now 32565 shedded at 73B,The brick as in 1958.Grimey with smoke box and shed plate from 247 A lovely addition All the best Ron

Bigmet

Re: E4 late version

Postby Bigmet » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Had the chance to run it yet? Always interested in this aspect.

Certainly looks a very handsome model, and a most useful smaller power 'maid of all work' locomotive.

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi, With regard to your request the new E4 has been watered and fed and tried round the layout.hauling 2 three set Maunsell coaches (Set 195 and 231)it pulled as well as any Hornby bulleid,arthur or schools I have a anti clockwise running slope from the lower to upper tracks and it travelled up it as far as any other loco used as a single .Double headers are a different bet?? Thought it might help All the best Ron

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Excellent. Although this model is of no direct use to me, it may just turn out to have the right mechanism for something else; always good to have a choice of shots in the locker for posible future projects. Thanks.

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:58 pm

thats what like,experimentation(try saying that when the suns been over the yard arm??)There is one thing I noticed which I can only assume is a coast issue.The buffers are not sprung whereas other small bachmann,s eg the LMSJinty has such things.I would think that with the price of loco,s these days it wouldn,t be no big deal to add them.I think a call to my old mucker at Markits is about to happen ,Happy days ron

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Yes, not unexpected concerning the buffers. Fewer pieces to assemble helps hold the price down. I'll be increasingly raidng my stash of sprung loco buffer packs that Bach once offered at a very low price. Just hope that the working components don't ever again go into the cost down process seen in the past. Degraded mechanisms, that I can do without.

Return to “Bachmann”