It must be Bachmann's turn for some speculating

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
TK421

It must be Bachmann's turn for some speculating

Postby TK421 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm

We've done it for hornby and it can't be far away now, so what do reckon is going to be on the cards from bachmann for 2013-14?
Commander tear this ship apart until you have found them track plans!

luckymucklebackit

Re: It must be Bachmann's turn for some speculating

Postby luckymucklebackit » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm

How about some Bulllied coaches in Maroon Livery as used on the Scottish Region in the early 1960, no great investment required for that.
Oh, and how about a J36 or Caley Jumbo to haul them :wink:

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

TK421

Postby TK421 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 pm

I'd like to see a Stanier crab or a Fowler 3P.
Commander tear this ship apart until you have found them track plans!

amsie

Postby amsie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Oh god what would I love to see from Bachmann:
Bullied EPB
Class 313/4/5
Class 377
Class 86
Class 172
Class 357
Class 309
Class 325
Class 323

What will they make? probably not what im after.

I've heard mention that people think they should cover the mk3 EMU base 317 - 322 but I think the Bratchell range covers it well despite the cost and im not a fan of replication in the market. However it would probably be a good money earner for them.

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Some pre grouping coaching stock to match stuff? even if its repainted in slightly modern comapany's livery.

Met 150 related stuff probs.

Alex

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

Zunnan

Postby Zunnan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:44 pm

LMS subs using the 57' Porthole stock chassis as a basis...'clever design' :wink:

Even as an (ex)LMS aficionado, I'd like to see Bachmann catch up some ground on Hornby in the coaching department. Redone Bulleids or Thompsons would be nice, but what would really make me happy would be some 1925 Collett 57' bow enders.

hairyhandedfool

Postby hairyhandedfool » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 pm

amsie wrote:....Class 86....

.... im not a fan of replication in the market....

Hmmm....... I reckon there is more chance of an 87 or 90 given that both Heljan and Hornby make the 86, maybe even an 81.

The Bratchell range of EMUs is much reduced from what it was, I think Bachmann could make a good deal of money with the Mk3 and PEP based units.
"Dying is easy, its living that scares me to death"
Annie Lennox - Cold (from the album "Diva")

Stressed? Fight my brute
You can now join my Clan

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 am

Well lets see, I built 2 J11s, and what did bachman do? I bought a beautifully made a D11, what did bachmann do? I bought a badly made A5 and spent a small fortune having it rebuilt and painted to a very high standard and I built a new chassis for it....What do we think bachmann will do?????

thebritfarmer

Postby thebritfarmer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:12 am

I would love them to make an HST, some MK3s

Complete Intercity 225 or even a APT !!!

The Midland Pullman proves they could do any of these.
All Aboooooard !!

Essex2Visuvesi

Postby Essex2Visuvesi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:51 am

Some very early locos, pre 20th century would be nice
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller

amsie

Postby amsie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:05 am

hairyhandedfool wrote:
amsie wrote:....Class 86....

.... im not a fan of replication in the market....

Hmmm....... I reckon there is more chance of an 87 or 90 given that both Heljan and Hornby make the 86, maybe even an 81.

The Bratchell range of EMUs is much reduced from what it was, I think Bachmann could make a good deal of money with the Mk3 and PEP based units.

lol sorry I meant a decent 86 without going over old ground on the Heljan one.

Bratchell doe's them pre-printed now to a good standard but its subject to a pre-order program. Trouble seems to be that he don't advertise on his site asking for suggestions and the only way you get one announced is via his newsletter. The NSE 321 was pre-ordered from me start 2012 didnt arrive until November and only recently made it onto his website. I don't know his costs but I assume he can't afford to bring out a livery version that won't sell and he's left there with a load of kits that won't sell.

Anyways back to speculation........

SRman

Postby SRman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:10 am

What I would like to see is a class 450 in SouthWest Trains livery. Whether it will be announced this year is anyone's guess but I think they will produce it eventually as it gives the excellent class 350 moulds another (hopefully profitable) airing.

I would also guess that a BR style 2 HAP will be in the wings, using the 2 EPB driving motor and a slight modification of the driving trailer composite from the Kernow 2H units.

That's really a wish list rather than a prediction but both types would be relatively easy to produce with short lead in times as the main work has already been done.

:)

SRman

Postby SRman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:23 am

hairyhandedfool wrote:Hmmm....... I reckon there is more chance of an 87 or 90 given that both Heljan and Hornby make the 86, maybe even an 81.

I would like an NSE version of Bratchell's class 319 if they ever get around to it.

On the other hand, if Bachmann started a range of Mk3 or production PEP-based units, with some clever design they could produce a whole heap of options.

Classes 317 and 455 had two main frontal designs (disregarding refurbishment that has occurred to some examples of both types, and also the 455/7s which had one class 508 trailer in their formations) but mostly similar side layouts (the early 317s had a different ventilation design though). Mould the 320/321/322/456 style fronts and some window variations to the sides (mostly just behind the cabs) and the possibilities multiply. Then there were the 319 variants, again with mostly frontal variations. Of course, some types had pantographs and roof wells to accommodate them but that would be relatively easy to produce and underframe variations are also easy with separate modules.

The PEP types had even less variation (not counting the PEPs themselves which had different front ends and three sets of doors per side) as all had identical front ends and body styles. Some were three car and some four car, with 508s changing from one to the other! Again, pantograph wells and underfloor equipment differences and different roof vents (particularly the early class 313s) could all be easily modelled from the factory.

Here's hoping they do produce some of these. 8)

zigzag

Postby zigzag » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Ill speculate on what we might see rather than wishlist what I want to see

Steam Locos - I think we might see a retooled body on the V2, becuase if not Hornby will step in here soon enough. Another 0-6-0 is on the cards, could well be J11 or J15. There will also be something no-one has thought of, and an A5 might be a good shout. Maybe a year too early but I might suggest an Altantic (but will probably wait to do an NRM one first, then use the chassis).
Diesel Locos - got to be time for a sealed beam Peak this year, maybe another CL40 front variant, not sure which one is missing but they must have tooled up the 3 main types, and could we get a Serck shutter Cl47 in Blue.
Elec Locos - probably a year too early to follow-up the Cl85, but if they do then Cl87.
Units - something like the Cl117 would fit in well.
Wildcard - Sarah Siddons, or an industrial 0-6-0T.
Coaching stock - the open goal is surely Midland Region non-corridor stock, longer shot might be Mk2d/e/f.
Wagons - yes there will be more new ones to compliment the existing great range.

amsie

Postby amsie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 pm

SRman wrote:Here's hoping they do produce some of these. 8)

If they do then I'll probably go bankrupt buying them all :lol:

Return to “Bachmann”