Blue Pullman Video

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
Flashbang

Blue Pullman Video

Postby Flashbang » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Bachmann have released a video of the now fully painted Blue Pullman 6 car sets in Nanking Blue or N' Blue with yellow ends running on their model railway.
Oh yes, roll on Winter when it becomes available and my pre order is delivered :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOWa0_NArMg
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

DrStroganoff

Re: Blue Pullman Video

Postby DrStroganoff » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:33 pm

That is simply awesome. Cant wait to see one in the flesh. 8)

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:27 pm

What on earth is going on with the yellow fronted model? It looks dreadful. I've never found any evidence of full wrap round yellow fronts on a pullman set before.

D0260

Postby D0260 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:56 pm

D605Eagle wrote:What on earth is going on with the yellow fronted model? It looks dreadful. I've never found any evidence of full wrap round yellow fronts on a pullman set before.

This one :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glevumblues/5556233791/

odd BP here :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiptree-jon/6337677630/

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:49 pm

D0260 wrote:
D605Eagle wrote:What on earth is going on with the yellow fronted model? It looks dreadful. I've never found any evidence of full wrap round yellow fronts on a pullman set before.

This one :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glevumblues/5556233791/

odd BP here :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiptree-jon/6337677630/

Its not like either of those, it a total front end yellow wrapping round to the back of the drivers door. That bottom link looks well freaky....

D0260

Postby D0260 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:21 am

I agree with you now I've had a closer look. My interest was mainly the plain blue, and as I already have them on order , it was just a 'roll on delivery day'.
I'm impressed generally with the level of 'extras' in the shape of table lamps, ceiling lamps etc, but that full yellows does look weird, now I've paused the video.

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:30 pm

It seems to me that Bachmann have clearly got a little bit more to do to get the livery right before it is actually released. Lets be fair here these two models on the film are pre production finished examples so there is always room for Bachmann to get it right before issue if we all shout at them loudly enough. To illustrate what the Full yellow end version should look like There is a picture of a Yellow ended BP at the following url

See it Here
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

thebritfarmer

Postby thebritfarmer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Apparently the full yellow end is right though. There is a discussion on it on RMWEB about it and it appears in a book. I don't think any photos have materialized though. I think it was also a prototype which has caused the stir as it did exist but a poor choice as it is obscure and most do not know about it.
All Aboooooard !!

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Metadyneman wrote:It seems to me that Bachmann have clearly got a little bit more to do to get the livery right before it is actually released. Lets be fair here these two models on the film are pre production finished examples so there is always room for Bachmann to get it right before issue if we all shout at them loudly enough. To illustrate what the Full yellow end version should look like There is a picture of a Yellow ended BP at the following url

See it Here

That one is actually the Western Pullman, not the Midland one. Seems theres a book with a picture of the full "custard dip" livery in it, however whether it ever had it at the other end, or ever ran like it remains speculation.

Zunnan

Postby Zunnan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:33 pm

It did run like it, although not in service and for a very brief period between the Midland units being transferred to the WR and them entering revenue service. The photo in question is on page 123 of Keith Robertsons book on the BP and shows the unit at Newbury on a crew training run. There are only a few liveries possible for the Midland units as produced, the all over Nanking blue that everyone is familiar with, this all yellow ended one and an even more obscure yellow end variant that is questionable whether it even left the depot so painted. The only unclear thing about the variant modelled is whether both ends were treated the same, though there is evidence that this units cab domes were yellow as photos of it later on with the jumpers fitted show a slight mismatch in the blue applied to the domes and doors compared with the rest of the unit, signifying a cover up and not a full repaint. However, when you don't know for certain what livery the other end of the train was based on the known photos, what do you do with the other end? The safe option is to copy the known. Its far better we get this and it be disputably correct than them doing the more conventional yellow end or reversed BR Blue and it be undeniably incorrect, unless they further add to the tooling cost and model the altered front ends; its not just added jumper leads afterall.

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm sure Bachmann mustt have wrung their hands over what to do. The western pullman represented the best option for liveries, but an 8 car unit????? I expect that if the midland does well they might risk a future western one...maybe!

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 pm

D605Eagle wrote:
Metadyneman wrote:It seems to me that Bachmann have clearly got a little bit more to do to get the livery right before it is actually released. Lets be fair here these two models on the film are pre production finished examples so there is always room for Bachmann to get it right before issue if we all shout at them loudly enough. To illustrate what the Full yellow end version should look like There is a picture of a Yellow ended BP at the following url

See it Here

That one is actually the Western Pullman, not the Midland one. Seems theres a book with a picture of the full "custard dip" livery in it, however whether it ever had it at the other end, or ever ran like it remains speculation.

Most of the Midland Pullmans ended up on the Western so it could have been either mate TBH
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 pm

It is a bit of a livery minefield but as it has been mentioned before I wonder how many of the yellow ended ones will end up heavily discounted because of poor sales. It just doesn't look right with a yellow dome at all. I certainly never remember it ever running like that. I only ever remember full yellow ends with a blue dome (or light grey when they were repainted in reversed BR blue /grey).

Silly decision to produce it like that in my opinion but there you go.. other than that it looks stunning!

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Metadyneman wrote:

Most of the Midland Pullmans ended up on the Western so it could have been either mate TBH

Indeed they did, but the formations were broken up and reassembled so you couldn't authentically run a midland pullman in 6 car format in the reverse livery for example. Its a can of worms!

D605Eagle

Postby D605Eagle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Metadyneman wrote:It is a bit of a livery minefield but as it has been mentioned before I wonder how many of the yellow ended ones will end up heavily discounted because of poor sales. It just doesn't look right with a yellow dome at all. I certainly never remember it ever running like that. I only ever remember full yellow ends with a blue dome (or light grey when they were repainted in reversed BR blue /grey).

Silly decision to produce it like that in my opinion but there you go.. other than that it looks stunning!

Yeah I agree, I think the custard dip livery will be a poor seller. Might be able to snaggle a bargain for future repainting sometime in the future!

Return to “Bachmann”