Dynmanis Pro Box issues....

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
Beep55

Dynmanis Pro Box issues....

Postby Beep55 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:18 am

Hello All

I am a fan of the Dynamis system, not interested in a slagging contest of it just want to know if anybody can help me with this.

I followed the instructions that came with the pro box to the letter, the controllers communicate with the pro-box/command center until I press the stop button. as soon as I press he stop button and start trying to move trains the Signal on the controllers just goes loopy! the IR Signal bar on the controller just goes up and down and I cannot get the signal to stay steady. I can pre-set (for example) the speed of a loco but I can't control it after that.

I am really annoyed that this is the 3rd Item I have had from Dynamis that has been faulty, maybe I have had bad luck i don't know, tried googling dynamis and nothing helpful comes up. Anybody got any ideas? I've got all the stuff to start making use of 2 controllers and so on and it is really frustratin that the standard command station works, the controllers work, its just the damn pro-box!

Any help would be well recieved!!

Beep55

Re: Dynmanis Pro Box issues....

Postby Beep55 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Hello again

Well I have got another Pro-box and I am still having issues!

I wire it up to a simple track, works fine! I wire it up to mine. It doesnt work the IR Signal just will not stay steady!!

I disconnect each section of track to find that one out of the 3 sections I have works perfectly fine, as soon as the others are added or are on there own the same problem arises the signal goes on the controller. To me, this is plain f****** stupid, my standard Dynamis works perfectly fine yet as soon as the probox is added I have problem after problem. What am I doing wrong? How can the standard Dynamis work yet the pro box doesnt? its not like there is anything wrong because If i tell the train to move prior to pressing the stop button it will fulfil that one command, speeding up/slowing down functions after that will not work when powering up. I can't see how my wiring can be at fault if my standard controller will operate fine over it.

PLEASE HELP

sishades

Postby sishades » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:21 pm

There are certain rules which man must abide to in life

1. Taxes are obligatory
2. Respect your neighbours, family and friends
3. Dont take drugs, alcohol and never drive while intoxictated and...
4. NEVERE EVER EVER EVER buy a dynamis. It is a pile of horse poop.

Save up and buy something more reliable like a cereal packet or a house brick.

Im sorry that this may not be helpful but model rail forums are full of complaints about the dynamis..
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Beep55

Postby Beep55 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:59 pm

The thing that is annoying me is that the standard Dynamis systems works superbly I have no issues whatsoever, but the probox just **** things up, how can one control system work perfectly and then you add an attachment and it wants to play silly buggers.

I hold bachmann in very high regard with all the products I have owned, even with the troublesome Hall class locos I own and the Jubilee all having running issues out the box... I have managed to wing it with those but this Dynamis system gave me the freedom and works how I want it to until I wanted the damn PRO BOX!

If i can't get it to work this evening its going back down the model shop and the money I have paid for it can go towards my Limited Edition Hornby "Union of South Africia" which I am having fitted with sound! :D

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Beep55 wrote:I am a fan of the Dynamis system, not interested in a slagging contest of it just want to know if anybody can help me with this.

I followed the instructions that came with the pro box to the letter, the controllers communicate with the pro-box/command center until I press the stop button. as soon as I press he stop button and start trying to move trains the Signal on the controllers just goes loopy! the IR Signal bar on the controller just goes up and down and I cannot get the signal to stay steady. I can pre-set (for example) the speed of a loco but I can't control it after that.

Beep55 wrote:Well I have got another Pro-box and I am still having issues!

I wire it up to a simple track, works fine! I wire it up to mine. It doesnt work the IR Signal just will not stay steady!!

I disconnect each section of track to find that one out of the 3 sections I have works perfectly fine, as soon as the others are added or are on there own the same problem arises the signal goes on the controller.

Note to self, never get a dynamis pro box.
well if it keeps not working then sue bachmann!!

Andrew
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

Beep55

Postby Beep55 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:49 am

Well I have played with it and played with it and I am fed up of trying to get the damn thing to work! I want it to plug in and work, not me rip up the wiring which runs perfectly fine on my standard dynamis box, there is nothing in the instruction manuals that tells me it should require more power, a particular wire set-up etc etc.

hobby boy

Postby hobby boy » Mon May 10, 2010 9:50 pm

well it looks like the design of the pro box doesn't work. Take it back to where you got it and ask for a full refund

Andrew
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Tue May 11, 2010 10:22 am

Beep55 wrote:The thing that is annoying me is that the standard Dynamis systems works superbly I have no issues whatsoever, but the probox just **** things up, how can one control system work perfectly and then you add an attachment and it wants to play silly buggers.

If I have this right, the pro box will work properly with a straight piece of test track and with one of the three sections of your layout, but not when either of the two other sections are connected. Without being able to see your layout, it is almost certainly going to be a factor in the wiring. Are the two problem sections loops, and the section where it works not a loop? If you connect many DCC systems to a layout where the rails or the bus wire (or the two combined) form a continuous loop it is possible for track signal instability problems to occur.

Why would this affect the pro box, and not the original Dynamis? Particularly as it seems that the problem manifests in the IR signal reception. The main connection between the IR receiver and the track output of the system is going to be the power supply. As the pro box has to do more in terms of multiple input channels for up to four hand sets, it probably has a different receiver design from the Dynamis. If that receiver is more sensitive to a disturbance in the power supply output caused by a track signal disturbance, that could account for it. I am guessing here, particularly as I neither own nor use a Dynamis.

Annoying though it is, worth a check of the layout wiring. These sort of problems are far from uncommon on digital networks, when one component is substituted for another, even though both have the same spec and should operate identically.

Beep55

Postby Beep55 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Well Its going back to the shop...

I'm not ripping up my entire Wire network to accomidate this "PRO" Box

I paid good money for it I expect it to work, not me have to re do my wiring and re think my entire layout.

Money not very well spent :(

-1 for bachmann!!

I have been a loyal customer to bachmann for years.

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Wed May 26, 2010 12:07 am

Something to think about.

Presumably you added the Pro box to your existing Dynamis system in order to expand on the capability offered by the Dynamis. So if you return the Pro box but you still require that expanded capability, how do you plan to obtain it? If you choose another system which offers all the capability you require, but that too malfunctions when connected to your layout, then what will you do? Will you continue to refuse to investigate your layout wiring, and return that system as well?

I realise it is very annoying having to troubleshoot what appeared to you to be a reliable working layout, but to make progress this may well prove to be a necessary step.

Beep55

Postby Beep55 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:39 pm

This is the problem...

I have looked at everything on my layout, the wiring is fine, there is nothing on my layout that suggests a power problem, the issue I have is the pro box communicating with the hand sets mainly, I can tell a loco to perform one command and then... thats it, it loses the signal and I never get it back but the locomotive will still run.

If I am paying nearly £200 for a system to work with my current system (which works perfectly fine with no problems) then you expect it to work, I do not expect to have to re-wire, rip up, change my track layout. I want it to plug in and work, I dont want to spend countless hours problem solving a loop hole in the dynamis or in fact any other control system.

My Trains all run fine, no shorts circuits and no problems until I add the pro-box, everything else is fine.

That said I really have nothing else to say with regard the pro-box... It is a waste of money if you can't simply plug it into an existing basic dynamis system and it doesnt want to work because my wiring is apprently dodgey yet! It works perfectly fine on another System. It just doesnt cut it with me.

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri May 28, 2010 10:17 am

Is the wiring thick enough? I used very thin wire when I started and had to install thicker stuff when I went digital. Just a thought..
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Return to “Bachmann”