Bachmann 4-CEP EMU

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
Paul-H

Re: Bachmann 4-CEP EMU

Postby Paul-H » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:46 pm

They are on ebay as well at their usual price premium :roll:

Paul

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 pm

still below RRP though
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

Merv

Postby Merv » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:18 am

Found already it seems, by someone else on here as well
unfortunately it looks as though some shops still not stocking but should do come
Christmas and i think at warley too if you are going, which will
keep people happy in the massive crowds there

One can't divulge any information becuase I don't have it
For my source was not specific other than saying they are in some online retailers but not the
favourite ones such as rails and hattons at that point
Currently Armchair Modelling

Not at all Fluffy

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:44 am

Well first impressions of the first production run look encouraging. I have a Blue/grey one on order since that is the main era that I model, but I have a feeling a green one will work it's way down the Bambrough garden line in due course!

I'm not that bothered now as to how long it takes for the blue /grey one. I've waited long enough as it is so another month won't hurt. I can hear the air compressor chuntering away from here now so i'm sure they won't be too much longer!
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

B@rney

Postby B@rney » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:37 am

oo i want a blue/grey one.

Not been looking about much for a while.. (in fact not even been the garage for about 4 months!)

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:07 am

It would seem we are to wait a little longer for a blue/grey one, however it would be nice if anyone has bought the very first issue of one of the units if they could perhaps do a little review of the model for the rest of us waiting ever so patiently for ours to arrive.

looks, running qualities, first impressions, ease of fitting a decoder etc... anyone out there with a 4-CEP to give us an insight?
:wink:

badfurday

Postby badfurday » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:26 am

Janestrains have some in stock. :wink:

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:18 pm

I've noticed that since Hattons ran out of their initial allocation they have put the price up by £20!

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:36 pm

Forgive the ignorance :oops: but am I correct in assuming these can only operate on 3-rail track?

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Phipps wrote:Forgive the ignorance :oops: but am I correct in assuming these can only operate on 3-rail track?

Hi
No, they are conventional two rail power pick up EMUs. :D

The real thing used a third rail for power pick up but the models are two rail power collection as per any other two rail loco, DMU etc :D
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:31 pm

Cheers :) Felt a bit daft asking the question really,but difficult to see on Bachmann's pictures :roll:

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Never feel daft about asking a question.... If the question is daft by definition however, you may get a daft answer :D

Incidentally I e-mailed Hattons today re my blue grey 4-CEP order... the reply I got was less than encouraging!

(me)........do you have any idea when the one I ordered might be in?

(man at Hattons).......No, sorry, seems as if Bachmann are not entirely sure themselves

Sorry I cannot be more specific.

Not Hattons fault of course, and I fully commend their efficient service and communication, but it doesn't bode well for a 4-CEP on the Bambrough garden line before Christmas if even Bachmann haven't a clue when their stuff is arriving.

Monty

Postby Monty » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:55 am

I got one of these this week. I haven't run it yet because I'm in the process of re-building my layout in the garage and also the thought of releasing five clips on each side of the body to enable decoder fitting brings me out in a cold sweat! I am pleased with the level of detail and I'm sure that when I've plucked up the courage to open it up and get it running I'll be delighted with it.

Paul-H

Postby Paul-H » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:56 am

Hi Guys

Anyone had any problems with the connectors used on this model

We had one at our club last night that was brought by one of the more experienced modelers and he managed to destroy 2 of the connectors trying to fit them.

One othe question, is it possible to run this as a 2 carrage unit ie First and last, my layout is too small for a 4 car unit but 2 car is fine.

Paul

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:04 am

Well as there are a very limited number out there who actually seem to have bought one yet I think it's early days to surmise if running as a two car unit will work but to be honest It would look pretty silly anyway runnng as a two car. I assume though that the power bogie is at one end of the unit from your question about running as a two car unit.

Return to “Bachmann”