HOm track etc

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
dgp1957

HOm track etc

Post by dgp1957 »

Hi does anyone know of a retailer that sells Nemo HOm products?
Does Peco sell track for this gauge?
Mountain

Re: HOm track etc

Post by Mountain »

Dont know about who sells Memo.

Peco do make H0m track. It uses the same gauge that TT uses. H0m has a gauge of 12mm. It is more widely used to represent models of metre gauge width in H0 scale. It should be available in the UK but may need to be ordered in via a Peco stockist.
b308

Post by b308 »

I think he means BEMO! Yes, there are UK stockists however Bemo stuff is not cheap and it gets even more expensive if bought through a UK stockist. If you want new then you can buy direct from Germany, the shop I use is Modelbahnlippe https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/ga ... ttung.html who will supply you direct to the UK. Also if you are am member of the OO9 Society you will find their secondhand stall has Bemo HOm stuff from time to time at very reasonable prices.

Track wise, for HOm Bemo do do track but the Peco HOm (/TT) track is much better and used by most people who model in HOm. You can get it at any decent Model railway shop in the UK.

HOm is 1:87 scale (HO) using 12mm gauge track to represent Metre Gauge. It's British equivalent is OOn3 which uses OO scale (1:76) using 12mm gauge track to represent 3ft gauge. There isn't an American equivalent as such as they use HO scale and their 3ft gauge railways use HOn3 which uses 10.5mm gauge track.
dgp1957

Post by dgp1957 »

Thanks, I have a baseboard size 1200 x 900, I was originally thinking of building a small N gauge layout.
Minimum radius of around 350mm is that about correct?

David
b308

Post by b308 »

Depends on what you are running, some of the steam engines won't get round that but most of the diesels and electrics will, down to 12"/300mm radius. They are large locos and stock, though, so bear that in mind that whilst they will get round they may not look very good doing so, overhangs, etc.