looking to start advice welcome?

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
b308

Re: looking to start advice welcome?

Postby b308 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:19 am

One other thing to think about, I take it you currently sit on the edge to admire the fish! You wouldn't be able to do that if you put track down on it!!

Emettman

Postby Emettman » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:34 am

b308 wrote:One other thing to think about, I take it you currently sit on the edge to admire the fish! You wouldn't be able to do that if you put track down on it!!

You'd need to add a sitting position alongside the waterfall tunnel, or add another tunnel...
"It's his madness that keeps him sane."

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:31 pm

I think looking at the picture, if you want the trains just to run round the pond area I'd go for 0-16.5 but if you are thinking of a larger line round the whole garden, SM32 may be better.
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

glen brooks

Postby glen brooks » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:23 pm

thanks for your help lads, have been on a few sites, for a build test recce, gone for 1 peco and 2 slimrails wagons, some peco o 16.5 track. if it all seems ok will get the peco 0-4-0 hunslett with the branchlines chassis. thanks glen

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:46 pm

Welcome to 7mm narrow gauge. :)
Before buying the Peco loco, check the availability of the chassis, just in case you end up with a body and no chassis. The bodies are far easier to obtain then the branch lines chassis. I seem to recall branchlines chassis may have been in limited supply, hence why some used the cheap Hornby chassis? Never bought a Peco locomotive body so not sure how easy they are to convert if needed. Hopefully others can advise who have tackled one.
I know the Smallbrook Studio body kits are very easy to make as they are made from resin, so all is needed is a little filing of parts to get them to fit and super glue is used to bond the parts to each other.
I know those Peco locomotive body kits have been very popular over the years so there should be someone somewhere to advise. The coach kits are a doddle. The only downside being is they have no interior detail. I made my own seats from wood, an easy job. The coach kits are made from plastic. Not tried Peco wagons yet. I have a few unmade Smallbrook wagon, coach and loco kits I've yet to assemble! Most of my wagons are scratch built so far as I was testing designs and ideas (Hence the delay in kit building!)
There is a 7mm narrow gauge society. (Think I've mentioned it before).
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

Return to “Narrow Gauge Model Railway”