Ready to run 009 locos

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
PinkNosedPenguin

Ready to run 009 locos

Postby PinkNosedPenguin » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi all,
I am thinking of returning to the hobby after many years away, and, whilst waiting for space for a decent-sized OO layout, thought I'd (re-)introduce myself to the delights of railway modelling by building a fun small portable 009 layout. I would prefer to use ready-to-run locos, but there doesn't seem to be many :(
Ones I know about are:
- Roco 33241 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive (I know its HOe but I think it would look ok on 009?).
- some Minitrains 0-4-0's
- the forthcoming Heljan OO9 Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Manning Wardle 2-6-2 Tank Engine - but I'm worried this might not negotiate my intended 9" radius curves?
Can DCC decoders be installed in the above does anyone know?
The Peco GL-1 and GL-2 kits might not be beyond me, but not sure what currently-available chassis they would fit on without modification?
Any other suitable RTR locos I don't know about?
Thanks for your help,
PnP

b308

Re: Ready to run 009 locos

Postby b308 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:53 am

I notice you've posted on NGRM as well, PnP, I can't better their replies, but just in case anyone is reading this only on here:

All the locos can be fitted with DCC, though only the Heljan will be DCC ready (and only does 12" radius curves)...

Teebee (Shapways) and Chris Ward do 3D printed bodies, mainly for the likes of the Kato Tram Chassis with is a very nice runner and can be DCC fitted...

Return to “Narrow Gauge Model Railway”