No narrow gauge for me until after I turn 22 and have SKILL.

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
sir hayden

Re: No narrow gauge for me until after I turn 22 and have SK

Postby sir hayden » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 pm

and I'm starting Narrow Gauge next month once again.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:22 am

Hello?

poliss

Postby poliss » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:52 pm

There's nothing to comment on. Try posting again when you've actually got something to show people.

whynot

Postby whynot » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 pm

" I asked him to make the six Skarloey locos from the new BMM special, Victor, the Steamworks, Merrick, Owen, the Blue Mountain Quarry, and a bunch of O9 stuff for my Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway Layout (I'm getting extra stuff from pepper7.com and from Howard Martin, owner of Avalon Line Models via the GN15 Forums, OO9 rolling stock from Parkside Dundas and RT Models, and the Slate Loads from Parkside Dundas). Yeah, video to be made when EVERYTHING is done."

Not all ready to show then after 6 months? none of them? Or is your grandad (if I recall earlier discourse correctly) still saving up?
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm still saving the money but I'm starting next month and there's gonna be more progress.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:16 pm

I just got my Talyllyn Railway build accepted by a custom railway designer and I'm gonna talk with them about it on the 14th of next month so sometime next month or in November I should have my Layout done :D.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Well, after months of nonsense and actually no railway modelling, I've decided to start again with some new stuff, keep this in mind though, I plan to make them as Thomas & Friends Railway Series stuff from the Skarloey Railway.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:59 am

Does anyone know if FIVE79 RC35 *Ex Chivers Finelines RC35* Sir Haydn comes with a pony truck holder or does the BEMO Pony Truck come with the trailing piece?

b308

Postby b308 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:25 am

Don't know mate, have you tried emailing them?

Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi

Does anyone know if FIVE79 RC35 *Ex Chivers Finelines RC35* Sir Haydn comes with a pony truck holder or does the BEMO Pony Truck come with the trailing piece?

Having read your previous posts (in this thread and others), I think it more of a case of not does anyone know, but does anyone care...

I know most of us as enthusiasts are odd in our own way, but you are really special... :|

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:16 pm

I basically just made plans for the Ulfstead Harbour Layout and now I just need the Bachmann N Scale E-Z Track, the Controller, the Tortoise Slow Motion Machine (need to know how many I need for maybe 24 turnouts idk), flux, modelling drill & drill bits, de-soldering pump, helping hands, & paint for the building/track laying/painting stuff. Rolling Stock, Chassis, & Stuff for the locomotives will be chosen at a later date :3.

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:39 pm

And so it goes on...

P.

Jim S-W

Postby Jim S-W » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi sir Hayden

Can I ask a question and then give you the answer?

How do you think we learn to do stuff? Do you think we set deadlines based on some sort of training program? Nope, we just get on with it and learn as we go. All this talk of getting training and being ready to build a layout and brass kits when you turn 22 is (cruel to be kind) complete rubbish. You dont get told how to do stuff in this hobby and then because you know the theory you can just get on with it.

Get stuck in, accept that you won't get it right first time and that one day you will look back on your early stuff and think what a load of crap it is, we have all been there. All this pipe dream stuff with absolutely nothing to show for it is why people aren't commenting on this thread. You have absolutely nothing to comment on other than daydreams.

Jim

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:46 pm

That comment was TOO harsh :(. I now feel like giving up on trying to ASK FOR HELP FROM ANYONE HERE :cry:. Thanks for making me feel like a worthless pile of trash Jim :cry:. I guess my being here is pointless :cry:.

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi sir Hayden

I think you miss the point.

All you have posted on this site since you joined has been endless fantasies about what you intend to do, what you are buying, who's building a layout for you, why you can't do things and endless pointless questions about details of kits you haven't purchased...but the net result is absolutely zero in terms of producing anything.

What Jim is getting at is why don't you just get on with it and have a go and stop living in a deluded fantasy world like the Walter Mitty of model railways.

It would only take a single photo of something you've had a go at and you would find that people would be free and generous with their time and advice, that is the nature of this site, nice friendly helpful people, but they are also busy people on the whole and don't like their time wasted by inane questions.

Have some fun, start modelling...life's too short, you might get knocked down by a bus tomorrow, having never modelled a thing.

To be absolutely honest I really don't care what you do, I'm not wholly sure why I even decided to comment, probably prompted by the same abject despair that everyone else who has replied to you has felt.

P.

Return to “Narrow Gauge Model Railway”