No narrow gauge for me until after I turn 22 and have SKILL.

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
sir hayden

No narrow gauge for me until after I turn 22 and have SKILL.

Postby sir hayden » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:34 am

DON'T expect any stupid questions about me involving narrow gauge railway modelling ever again because I'll have the knowledge on kit building and brass folding when I start again which will be in the autumm of 2015 which gives me enough time for training in that field, in the meantime, I'm sticking to local HO, N, and G stuff involving American outline and Thomas and Friends (Thomas and Friends doesn't have N Scale in the US though so I mean all three scales for the American outline stuff). When I start my first HO layout my blog will have pics and if I get a camcorder there will also be a Youtube vid. Bye :D.

b308

Re: No narrow gauge for me until after I turn 22 and have SKILL.

Postby b308 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:59 am

Very sensible... Good luck on the SG stuff, SH!

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Thanks b308. The good thing is that the first HO scale locos I'm getting are Bachmann Thomas and Friends so I'll still have a connection to British outline thanks to Bachmann US releasing Thomas and Friends products in HO scale :).

BernardTPM

Postby BernardTPM » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:57 am

Good luck with your new layout. You'll pick-up or even create your own ideas and skills on the way doing scenery and stuff. I once made a commuter train coach out of a tea packet (at the time most cardboard packaging was grey, but tea packets were white inside!) just drawn with a pencil, coloured with crayons, cut out with scissors and stuck with sticky tape. Great fun and very cheap - so it wasn't a great model but you learn and improve on the way. The Bachmann Thomas and Friends locos run well too, from what I've heard.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:29 am

If you want to develop your skills, start with the easy stuff. Building kits in card and plastic, then rolling stock kits. If you need to learn metalworking skills the best place to learn would be a club. You can't beat watching someone who has the skills you want. It helps enormously to see that some bits are hard for the experts, rather than it being just you.
John W
aka Bufferstop.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:45 pm

The first thing Ill most likly build is the Bachmann Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station for my HO layout, its plastic, so yeah, I have a starting point :).

whynot

Postby whynot » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 pm

While ambitious is good, so are realistic expectations. The right decision I think - and you have plenty of time to gain experience. Good luck!
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:49 am

And by this you mean what exactlly :?: :?.

llanigraham

Postby llanigraham » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:04 pm

sir hayden wrote:And by this you mean what exactlly :?: :?.

Don't jump before you can walk.

Or in other words, start with the easy stuff, and progress to the difficult later.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:31 am

Well I'm starting with the ready to run Bachmann Thomas and Friends stuff plus Knapford Station and Tidmouth Sheds were also made by Bachmann.

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 am

Another good thing about Bachmann is this year Duck the Great Western Engine will be released in their HO Scale Thomas and Friends line to make up for Hornby discontinuing making Duck for their Thomas and Friends line :) so when I get douglas, some more coaches, and some more goods stock from my local Hobby WOrld (it's model shop that only has two locations in Florida and the one where I usually go to is off of Blanding Boulevard before going to where to Orange Park Mall is). :).

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Guess what? I found a website for a custom model services shop in Savannah, Georiga that does ANY Scale DEPENDING ON THE MODELLER'S SPECIFICS DETAILING WANTS, and I asked him to make the six Skarloey locos from the new BMM special, Victor, the Steamworks, Merrick, Owen, the Blue Mountain Quarry, and a bunch of O9 stuff for my Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway Layout (I'm getting extra stuff from pepper7.com and from Howard Martin, owner of Avalon Line Models via the GN15 Forums, OO9 rolling stock from Parkside Dundas and RT Models, and the Slate Loads from Parkside Dundas). Yeah, video to be made when EVERYTHING is done. Yeah I know I said NO NG FOR ME TILL I WAS 22, LEAVE ME ALONE :wink:. Peace :).

BernardTPM

Postby BernardTPM » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction - good luck!

sir hayden

Postby sir hayden » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks, I'm gonna have to wait a few months as the guy also has project from customers in other parts of the USA and from customers in Savannah, Georgia (and by Georigia I mean the state above the state of Florida, which I live in so to get the stuff to Florida won't cost a crapload of money and won't take aslong as the order from the UK last year did, God that was a pain -_-).

sir hayden

Re: No narrow gauge for me until after I turn 22 and have SK

Postby sir hayden » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm

hey anyone know a good replacement for the BEMO pony truck?

Return to “Narrow Gauge Model Railway”