New Layout

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
ASK

Re: New Layout

Postby ASK » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:37 pm

latest work on the layout, in need of starting the other buildings behind the yard, finishing shed 2 and bedding in, painting some of the figures, finishing the shop from and road scene, permanently attaching the back scene the frame and lighting, and then sorting some rolling stock. Then..... next module....
link to photo album below

http://s348.photobucket.com/albums/q347 ... Phase%206/

suggestions for a name would be most welcome :)

cheers

Alex

ASK

Postby ASK » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:43 pm

well out of the country on buisness for a couple of months so no activity on the layout although it is being very well looked after....

But before I left I took some photos of the layout and a new loco that I bought unpainted off ebay, so here it is with its new paint job awaiting my return to place nameplates on it.

http://s348.photobucket.com/albums/q347 ... 20Railway/

Cheers

Alex

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:37 pm

really nice mate well done on that. is it being exhibited?

HenryBlue

Postby HenryBlue » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:43 am

the Layout is absolutley beautiful. and the lining on your Cackler, wow, its mint mate ;)
[center]Image[/center]

ASK

Postby ASK » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am

Thanks to you both, the lining is transfers from GWR OO locos, my farther would have painted them by hand (when he used to do this sort of thing), but I cannot even attempt to replicate what he is capable of. I would love to exhibit it, it still requires a little more work to get it finished, also have allot of stock to build to get some good movements on the layout. As a 1st stage section I think it would be fun to take it to a few shows, however I am not sure who to see, or how to get it into some exhibitions. Ill have a go at contacting the 009 society when I get back to the UK, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the comments; it is always nice to near comments, even better, nice ones.

Alex

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:38 pm

im the same, i am going to exhibit my new layout when its complete but dont know how to go about it!

HenryBlue

Postby HenryBlue » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:35 pm

Ive exibited layouts before, 00 gauge though but anyway, all you really need to do is either contact the club thats organising the exibition or the place that it is held and ask if you are able to participate, mind youll need the size, name of layout, information... well a pages worth of information written.
[center]Image[/center]

ASK

Postby ASK » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:16 am

Well after 3 months away in the far east working I am back in the UK, and cannot wait to get started again, Ill be finishing off this module, and then I have had allot of time to consider what the next module will look like.

Good to be back

Alex

ASK

Postby ASK » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Well after the 3 months away, I was only back for two weeks before being sent abroad again, anyway, have been back for a couple of weeks now, and off again this week, but I did manage to get a little done to both the layout and also some stock. I have started the next module, which is an entrance to the build up area of the engine sheds, and town. So really it is a little bit of countryside with a spur siding. and a raised stone embankment (Ffestiniog style).... :D

Also my father gave me one of his kits which is a Prince model (produced by the Ffestiniog railway company themselves, about 30 years old I recon, not a Langley one) it was very nice to put together, and as it is the short smoke box, I have painted him as Parlmerston.

Enjoy the pics

http://s348.photobucket.com/albums/q347 ... odule%202/

Alex

Clifton009

Postby Clifton009 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Nice photos Alex 8)

The lining on Prince looks very good. Which did you use?

Slowly Does It

Postby Slowly Does It » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:45 am

I'm very impressed with the vegetation on this layout, especially that large tree. Did you make it yourself or is a ready built one?

Stu

ASK

Postby ASK » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:10 am

Thanks, yes I am pleased with the lining of Prince, however one day i will try using my bowpen, but for now the transfer approach works well for me. I bought the transfers from gaugemaster, and then had to cut the various rads, and link with straight lining, the transfers I used for this were as linked below, however following this, i noted that you can by purpose made 009 scale lining for prince, although it is a little expensive....

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details ... n&strType=

The trees are purchased from international models, I have made wire trees, where neccersary, such as for twisty Oaks, where I wanted more chariture, but for the bulk of trees I use internation models ones, as they are about the right height to sit well, and they are worth spending the money (not as expensive as some good ready made trees on the market)

http://www.internationalmodels.net/acat ... Hedge.html

I also use various Silfor mats which are purchased from international models, there grasses, heathers are the best I have seen, and certainly work better than scatter, these are linked below

http://www.internationalmodels.net/acat ... or_53.html

I have also just orders some rubber rocks from the US, I found them on Google, and they look amazing, and also will not get damaged in transit (I hope) I have traditionally used plastic a latex models from coal, but this will be a first, i will let you know how I get on with them when I get back from Malaysia. I have ordered shale, which i think will represent rough cuttings, through slate. see link below...

http://www.cripplebush.net/shale/shale-6-detail-3.htm

hope I can get an effect simular to these, I will be cutting it down in size so the sheet should go along way hopefully :)

thanks for the great comments

Cheers

Alex

ASK

Postby ASK » Mon May 25, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks for all the comments, so here is an update

Well Still waiting for the Rubber Shale, however much progress has been made on the new module, and 90% has been completed, so I am sitting back and enjoying the views with the digital camera. So I have added some more images to the bucket.

Enjoy

http://s348.photobucket.com/albums/q347 ... ay%202009/

Cheers

Alex

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Wed May 27, 2009 10:17 am

looking really nice there now, nice one
george

ASK

Postby ASK » Thu May 28, 2009 7:29 pm

Thanks George,

Still waiting for my rubber rocks from the states, really itching to get them and see how good they are...Ill be working on the remainder of the backscenes this weekend :D

Cheers

Alex

Return to “Narrow Gauge Model Railway”