programming Gaugemaster DCC322 point controllers / Gaugemaster Prodigy advanced 2 controller

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
Plod

programming Gaugemaster DCC322 point controllers / Gaugemaster Prodigy advanced 2 controller

Postby Plod » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:24 pm

Good Morning
Fellow Railway modellers
I have returned to hobby after some years , I have just wired up the first section of my layout housed in a warm and water proofed Garage.
I have been converted from away from DC to DCC and have purchased a Gaugemaster Prodigy 2 advanced controller,. I have also drifted away from The old method of Switch / stud control of points and knelt at the alter of Guagemaster, purchasing the Gaugemaster DCC32 point controller.
Having now read both instruction books for both a number of times. I am now more confused than before I picked them up, as to how to program and link them together.
Is there any modelers on this forum who using these items, and could they provide me with a step by step guide to programming / (getting them to talk to each other)
Plod ( a very frustrated Modeler In Mid Wales )

Flashbang

Re: programming Gaugemaster DCC322 point controllers / Gaugemaster Prodigy advanced 2 controller

Postby Flashbang » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:41 am

Hi
I use a PA and find it very easy to use. While I do not have the GM DCC32 decoders I did a "How to video" for the DCC Concepts Cobalt digital motor. I appreciate one is a slow move point motor with built in DCC decoder and the other is a stand alone accessory decoder, but the address programming seems to me to be very similar. Instead of the slide switch that's on the Cobalt the GM DCC32 has a Learn press button. Plus ignore the self centring advice as its not applicable. I think the section from 2.30 minutes may well help? AFAIK if you give the first output address 1 the following three outputs address automatically follow on sequentially (2, 3 & 4). So a further decoder would then be address from 5 onwards.
It may be worth while watching the video and trialling it with your DCC32 and PA. Assuming you have the point motors correctly wired and the DCC to the decoder connected. :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs6KzOYIpHo Note the video is just a guide and you should follow the setting up details on the DCC32 manual, especially page 4.
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

Return to “DCC Forum”