DCC CONTROL

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
cedricd

DCC CONTROL

Post by cedricd »

I currently run a Dynamis Ultra but would like to be able to read the CV states.

Is it worth trying to find a "Probox" or switching systems? If switching which one to go for please?
Flashbang

Re: DCC CONTROL

Post by Flashbang »

If you're happy with the Dynamis then possibly a SPROG II with free to download JMRI software will be the answer? The software can alter CVs and read them plus of course it keeps a record too on the PC of each setting.

Other wise then upgrade to a ProBox if one can be found at a good price. :D

Asking which DCC is best will result in many answers, as it much like asking which car is best. Each user will like the system they use :o
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.
BananaRepublic

Re: DCC CONTROL

Post by BananaRepublic »

cedricd wrote:I currently run a Dynamis Ultra but would like to be able to read the CV states.....
Do you mean Dynamis Ultima ?
i.e. the 2nd generation version of this Bachmann badged system?
I've never heard of an "Ultra".

If it's the Ultima, then read back of CV's and a programming track output, are both already included features.
A ProBox is not needed and cannot be used with the Ultima, as the ProBox functions have already been incorporated into the system.

If it isn't an Ultima and is one of the original Dynamis systems, then a ProBox can be added to give you the programming track facility and the ability to read back CV's.
Otherwise, go with the SPROG option.

x