Headlights - directional issue

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
FergusK

Headlights - directional issue

Postby FergusK » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi,

I've a Fleischmann DB101 and I've spent a while trying to sort out the directional headlights, but I'm not very CV savvy..

Anyway, if the Loco is running to the left (front), the triple headlights work, as well as the triple headlights on the right side (rear) with a red light (situation as the horn on the roof). When I reverse direction, what was the front headlights, stay on, but the triple headlights (what was the rear) and red light go out, at the front.

I've reset the loco to the factory settings (CV8), I've also tried different options on CV33 & CV34 - but the closest I can get to the lights working anyway decent (as above) is CV33 = 1 and CV34 = 2.

Is there a directional issue as well, or am I just missing 1 step even!?

Thanks
Ferg

Bigmet

Re: Headlights - directional issue

Postby Bigmet » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 am

Insufficient information to be able to offer assistance I am afraid Fergus. Three principal elements that need to be clarified:
What lights are supposed to be lit, for the leading end and trailing end, and are the ends the same, full double ended symmetry?
What provision the model makes for independent control of the lights?
What decoder is in use? (CV allocations beyond address and basic speed control are not standardised, so one maker's CV33 could control light output, and on another's might select a motor control regime.)

FergusK

Postby FergusK » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi Bigmet,

I checked online again for Fleischmann CV values. Eventually found that CV64 resets everything. The lights are directional, so headlights on when forward and visa versa. Lights are fine now, each end is lit and not both ends together.

But now the headlights are directional, they work the opposite way, so when going forward, the headlights come on in the rear.

I've swapped CV values 33 and 34 but it made no difference. I cant seem to find an answer online how to 'swap' the lights around the right way. Any ideas?
Last edited by FergusK on Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roger (RJ)

Postby Roger (RJ) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:39 pm

The normal way to reverse the lighting is with CV29.

Read CV29. If it's an even number, add 1 and write that value back.
If it's an odd number, subtract 1 and write that value back.

FergusK

Postby FergusK » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:22 pm

I've tried altering CV29 to 7 (from 6). All this does is make the train run right, when the controller goes anti-clockwise, but the issue with the lights remains...
Still looking online though..

Return to “DCC Forum”