Class 31 lights and sound.

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
Peterm

Class 31 lights and sound.

Postby Peterm » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi all,

Thought I'd put this up while I'm on the forum. I recently fitted my old Hornby 31 with a Zimo MX645 sound decoder with the sounds by Paul Chetter. I wanted to use an EM2 speaker from DC Kits, but couldn't see a safe way of making room without taking too much chassis out so I used a bass reflex which I had to cut down in height.

Making use of the Zimos 10 function outputs I fitted leds and smd resistors so that all lights could be switched independently. I've left three of the lights at B or No2 end too bright so they can be seen on the camera, but will be dimming them soon.
The focus isn't the best and I haven't played all the sounds, but I'm pretty pleased with it. Hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/77CKHw4zHNw
Pete.

sishades

Re: Class 31 lights and sound.

Postby sishades » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:29 am

Is this the railroad class 31 or the original faulty version?
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Peterm

Re: Class 31 lights and sound.

Postby Peterm » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:09 pm

It's the original faulty version with mazak rot. I sent it to Hornby and they replaced the chassis. No trouble since.
Pete.

Return to “DCC Forum”