Train tech signals

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
aldothenoo

Train tech signals

Postby aldothenoo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi I've seen these DCC train tech signals and was wondering if there just plug and play. I haven't got a accessory decoder so wouldn't have able to operate them from my controller. I was hoping they'd just slide into the track and the train passing over them would make them work. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

MickleoverTestTrack

Re: Train tech signals

Postby MickleoverTestTrack » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:09 pm

I'm pretty sure they have their own decoder built in, or at least some of them do.

RFS

Postby RFS » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Robert Smith

SRman

Postby SRman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:54 am

They can, and do, work without any programming, with the exception of those with 'feathers' (to indicate a route divergence). The red/green (plus yellow if appropriate) will all work automatically as the train passes.

I have a few 2-aspect versions and they work fine. I also have a couple with the feathers, and those do have built-in decoders which need to be programmed to work the feathers from the controller. I believe these can also be overridden using their mimic switches, but I haven't tried this at this stage.

In my video below, watch from 1:04 to 1:10 to see that the signal changes from green to red as the loco passes - unfortunately the locomotive actually blocks the view of the actual moment of changing. That was the first of the sensor signals I fitted experimentally. I have more but no videos of them in action ... yet.

https://youtu.be/yNl3RNeraU8

aldothenoo

Postby aldothenoo » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I thought the two aspect signals would work straight from the box but just wanted to be sure. Wiring is not my strong point. Going to do a bit more research though. Thanks again Alan

RAFHAAA96

Postby RAFHAAA96 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:23 pm

There are two types of signal. The proper DCC ones and the sensor signals which can be stand alone clipped to the track or linked in series with a single wire. This link wire can also feed into a mimic panel.

All well described in the downloadable catalogue and on their website linked to above.

David is a very helpful chap and will explain in more detail if required about the various types of signal.

Rob
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.co.uk

Return to “DCC Forum”