sb5 smart booster

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
casablanca

sb5 smart booster

Postby casablanca » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:53 am

Hi guys been awhile since I posted on this site but have not been in the best of health but I would like a bit of advice bought a nce smart booster set it up and it froze my hand set found a way to sought that out next thing that happened was I ran a loco it ran for a bought 20 seconds then it stopped dead the booster has a red status light on it which started flashing and also the power supply was flashing to reading the instructions it said unplug power for about 20 seconds plug it back in and it should reset it well did all that umpteen times but it still was flashing do you think its faulty and should I send it back and asked for a replacement or am I not doing something wrong Thanks

BromsMods

Re: sb5 smart booster

Postby BromsMods » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:27 am

It sounds tome as though you have a short circuit somewhere. To check this, disconnect the SB5 from the layout and just connect it to a separate piece of track. Switch on and see if the SB5 behaves as it should. If it doesn't then there is probably an issue with the SB5, assuming your connections are correct and that you are using the power supply which came with the unit.

I would always advise using some form of short-circuit protection between the command station and the track in order to reduce the risk of damage to the command station - either the NCE EB1 or preferably the DCC Specialities PSX1 would suit.

casablanca

Re: sb5 smart booster

Postby casablanca » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:09 am

Thanks for your reply bromsmod as it was new I have sent it back for repair/replacement

Return to “DCC Forum”