ESU Ecos 50200 - Up & Running Firmware 3.4.0

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
james2k

Re: ESU Ecos 50200 - Up & Running Firmware 3.4.0

Postby james2k » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your input on this. I have ordered it for collection from nescot later in the month. It's a big spent but I doubt anything will come out that will beat it.

James

Daz

Postby Daz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:33 am

Hi guys, still very happy with mine.
Hovermotion is the guy who's done a lot of the ECoS videos on YouTube.
I've just ordered a 12 pack of Circuitron Tortoise Point motors from Bob the Train Guy in the US.
I'm still reading up on which accessory decoders to use( ESU SwitchPilot or Lenz LS150 or NCE Switch 8?
Anyone got any views?
Daz

klaatu

Postby klaatu » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 am

I use MERG decoders with my 50200 (with Cobalt motors), they work very well. They are £10 for a 4-output module, so about a third of the price of the ones you mention. Yes, you do have to join MERG, and build them yourself, but it's very easy and I enjoy doing it. I realise that not everyone wants go down that route, though.

Steve
Just playing trains - not a "proper modeller"

julienrendle@aol.com

Postby julienrendle@aol.com » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi, Does anyone know if you can connect the Ecos command station to two independent tracks ,one running Dcc two rail and the other Marklin Motorola three rail both at the same time so as not to need two separate controllers. I know it says that the Esu works with both Dcc and Motorola but it does not say weather it will work at the same time and I'd rather not blow it up !!!

julienrendle@aol.com

Postby julienrendle@aol.com » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:08 am

Just to let everyone know , Yes the ecos can operate DCC and Marklin on two separate circuits at the same time. Just tried it .

boxbrownie

Postby boxbrownie » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:47 pm

I've been tempted by the ECOs ever since the B&W version came out, all controllers should be like this IMO, the colour version is the iceing on the cake! Presently I have been running a Digitrax DCS50 for the past 6-7 years without fault but then it was originally bought for my N japanese layout, but has still soldiered on well coping with my sons 4mm layout and now my 7mm Locos, although without a layout it controls them fine on the test track and especially well with sound. So the ECOs would be a logical (if not huge step) step up to a better Static controller.

Looking at your video I suddenly realised how easy it would be if you wanted to "tweak" a few parameters to tune the running maybe and just save the new CV parameters under a new "loco name", concievably you could store as many different running characteristics for the one loco as you wanted and just change the loco address to choose, have you tried something like this?

Would be nice to compare different accel/decel and load compensation settings.

I like it......a lot......maybe I will treat myself to a Christmas pressy soon :lol:
Best regards David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you......I may wish to offend again.

Return to “DCC Forum”