Which DCC System

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
BananaRepublic

Re: Which DCC System

Postby BananaRepublic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 am

matty198891 wrote:hope this post makes more sence

Not much really.
May I suggest you use a spellchecker, it will help, but try and learn from the corrections.

BananaRepublic

Postby BananaRepublic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:37 am

matty198891 wrote:.....and gaugemaster advance prodagy(1+2)
gaugemaster prodagy(1) can controle 999 loco and 999 accserys plus locos funtions- sound lights it can also controle accel desell rates also braking rates of a trian can use scale time speeds a good mid-hight dcc system .
gaugemaster prodagy(2)identical to 1 put is wireless can be conected to pc conroller can controle more locos at same time and use more than 1 had set good mid- hight dcc system.

Matty, there is no such thing as a Prodigy 1 or 2.

The system you are describing is the Prodigy Advance, the current version of which is the Prodigy Advance Squared (hence the little number 2 - this forum doesn't seem to allow it)
There is a radio based wireless version called the Prodigy Advance Wireless. Apart from its wireless capability, it's exactly the same as the non-wireless version except for some extra wireless only buttons.
Standard Prodigy Advance Squared systems can also be made wireless by the addition of a conversion kit and purchase of a PA wireless handset.

Both can be used with a PC, but unlike most DCC systems, are limited to MRC's own software arrangements.
Note: Gaugemaster, don't make these systems. They're rebadged MRC (Model Rectifier Company) products, with different branding and logos.

lennie

Postby lennie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi Wolvesdug. Have a look on ebay, there is a ZTC 511 Master that i have just listed so can vouch for it. Lennie.

james2k

Postby james2k » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Just for information purpose really...

Modelzone sell the Hornby Elite for £149.99 and if you have a hornby club member ship you get an additional 10% off.

I picked mine up on saturday gone for £135

I hope that helps some people :)

nathan9117

Postby nathan9117 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:02 pm

can i put a lil thing out in this forum what does anyone think to the digitrax sumper empire builder set i am thinking of getting it to replace my gaugemaster prodigy advance 2 as the gaugemaster does not work with railroad and co computer controll where as the digitrax does :)

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Sorry posted in error!!! :oops:
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

15A

Postby 15A » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 pm

nathan9117 wrote:can i put a lil thing out in this forum what does anyone think to the digitrax sumper empire builder set i am thinking of getting it to replace my gaugemaster prodigy advance 2 as the gaugemaster does not work with railroad and co computer controll where as the digitrax does :)

The Empire Builder is fine, but can't read back CV's. I paid the extra and went for the Super Chief, a decision I don't regret at all

Regards

Max

matty198891

Postby matty198891 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:57 am

Uv gone hornby elite rail master and elink
soz if hard under stand i am dislexic any part dont get tell will retype hope u understand can respond

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:23 am

matty198891 wrote:Uv gone hornby elite rail master and elink

AFAIK you cannot operate an Elite and elink together to feed the same tracks.. Its either elink with Railmaster or the Elite with Railmaster or just the Elite on its own.

matty198891

Postby matty198891 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:28 am

I'm gonna use elite railmaster till infer elink then use that U can use both but a lots of messing around easier to use wi less smart phone tablet way for multi user operation
soz if hard under stand i am dislexic any part dont get tell will retype hope u understand can respond

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:35 am

You can only ever have one DCC system feeding the rails..
If you try connecting a second DCC system to the rails it will cause serious issues with one or both DCC systems and even possibly cause terminal damage to one or both.

I don't think you can connect the Elite to the elink, as the elink only has a USB and Power socket plus Track and Prog track terminals. There is no other connection available! i.e. xpressnet as used on the Elite when connecting a Select to the Elite as a slave.

Remember.... Only one system must ever feed the rails.

Return to “DCC Forum”