Dynamis locos with same address?

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
Undereaves

Dynamis locos with same address?

Postby Undereaves » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Having finally got electricity to my n gauge layout I have been running my black 5 and class 24 for the first time. Both are running okay, now, having sorted out the problem with the black 5 pick-ups. But I can't get the dynamis to see them as two separate locos. They have the same address and I can't change one without it changing the other. I restored the dynamis to system restore, but it still sees them as the same loco. :(

poliss

Re: Dynamis locos with same address?

Postby poliss » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:26 pm

Take one of the locos off the track while you are programming the other one.

Undereaves

Postby Undereaves » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:07 pm

I'm trying to do it with one loco on the track at a time. They have the same address. I'm trying to change address of one loco on mainline now, but when I type in a new number prog icon doesn't appear in the bottom right.

Edit: finally got it to work using service track

sishades

Postby sishades » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:56 am

In a bold move yesterday, the US Government announced that its National Police force would be in future, controlled by a beardy bloke wearing sandals. However it soon came to light that the back pack wearing hippie was a using a Dynamis with tragic results..

"I dont understand what has happened" commented a shocked Karl Haffenback. "One minute everything was running ok and then all of a sudden, the cars just shot off at great speed towards each other." Karl was later heard mumbling something about "green lights" and "piece of ****".
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Flashbang

Postby Flashbang » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:19 am

Undereaves wrote:I'm trying to do it with one loco on the track at a time. They have the same address. I'm trying to change address of one loco on mainline now, but when I type in a new number prog icon doesn't appear in the bottom right.

I guess you were trying to enter an address number longer than two digits? programming on the main can be used to set addresses between 1 to 127, but over that it has to be carried out on the programming track in service mode.
Manual pages 9 and 10 refer.
Really its always best to carry out any CV changes on a separate programming track anyway. :D :D
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.

Undereaves

Postby Undereaves » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Flashbang wrote:
Undereaves wrote:I'm trying to do it with one loco on the track at a time. They have the same address. I'm trying to change address of one loco on mainline now, but when I type in a new number prog icon doesn't appear in the bottom right.

I guess you were trying to enter an address number longer than two digits?

No, I was just trying to get the dynamis to differentiate between the two locos. This was the only way I found to do it. I used the dynamos briefly a couple of years ago on an oo layout and don't remember having similar problems.

Return to “DCC Forum”