Useful DCC Links

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
InFullSteam

Re: Useful DCC Links

Post by InFullSteam »

I was told someone here has done a huge comparison chart of all the different DCC systems?
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Just thought I'd mention it. Anyone of whom it may be of interest who may be looking to go into DCC. Elaine's Trains has a Bachmann DCC based DVD on the subject and it has been reduced in price. If it is not an error it is £0.10 which looks like 10p to me...
While her site is not DCC specific as she specializes in Triang and also sells other secondhand model railway items in various scales... (She buys Triang track if anyone has decent track and does not know what to do with it), it is well worth a look on her site for various bits and pieces.
RBTKraisee

Post by RBTKraisee »

Back on Page 1, LisaP4 posted a table comparing all the DCC systems, but the link is dead.

Anyone else got a good comparison table? It would sure be useful to have a detailed wiki table to be able to compare all the different features directly.

Cheers in advance of any help!

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the Stars." -Robert Heinlein/Lazarus Long.
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

Regards
Rob
End2end

Post by End2end »

My DCC controller is missing off that list so don't forget there's more DCC controllers out there than that list carries. :!:
https://signatrak.co.uk/
Signa-trak ACE.

Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Flashbang

Post by Flashbang »

The link is woefully lacking and needs an update. Some of the information given is also totally wrong too.
I would suggest if reading it double check whats been stated as some facts are wrong and you should know there are many other systems not shown too.
Trying to keep an up to date DCC system list is very time consuming and not a task I would want to undertake.
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Flashbang wrote:...Trying to keep an up to date DCC system list is very time consuming and not a task I would want to undertake.
And how. Ames, Friberg and Loizeaux' 'Comprehensive DCC summary' as an output from the NMRA's DCC working group, was already a monster task back in the mid nineties when first published. I haven't got my much thumbed and well falling apart copy by me, (I think it is with a friend in Northumberland) but do remember a particularly prescient phrase beginning the section on ZTC: 'ZTC is like nothing else'. Got that right...
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

I didn't read it, I just googled it. It did say it was last updated in Feb 2020 though.
Regards
Rob
RBTKraisee

Post by RBTKraisee »

That list says it's for starter DCC systems. Is there anything for the more advanced systems?

If I knew more (newbie, sorry) I'd build a comparison table like this one for CAD systems.

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the Stars." -Robert Heinlein/Lazarus Long.
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

There is a review page on RMWeb DCC section of various DCC controllers which is reasonably well up to date.
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester
sudoggie

Post by sudoggie »

The JMRI website has a nice, if not completely comprehensive, list of the major DCC players:

https://www.jmri.org/help/en/html/hardware/index.shtml