Hornby TTS Sound Decoders help required to locate sound manuals

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
beejack

Hornby TTS Sound Decoders help required to locate sound manuals

Postby beejack » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm

I have been slowly updating the Hornby TTS decoder definitions for JMRI over the past month or so and have successfully found most of the TTS manuals on the web.

I am having trouble locating copies of the following:

R3509TTS DB Schenker, Class 08, 0-6-0, 08623 with TTS Sound
R3504TTS BR 4-6-2 'City of Birmingham' Princess Coronation Class with TTS Sound
R3383TTS BR, Castle Class, 4-6-0, 5050 ‘Earl of St. Germans’ Early BR with TTS Sound

If anyone has these locomotives and could provide a scanned copy I would be grateful. I don't need the whole document scanned just the section which details the Full CV table

The first updated file was included in the 4.13.3 test release of JMRI and my next update has just been submitted an should be added to a future test version.
When I first started the update there were 10 Locomotives listed with the Class 67 wrongly identified as class 66.

There are now 22 locomotives in the updated file, and I would like to be able add the three remaining Locomotives from the current batch.

If anyone would like to have a copy of the updated file, Please PM me and I will direct you to where it can be found as I am not sure whether I would be allowed to post a link to another forum. Details of how to update the decoder definitions in JMRI are also available.

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Brian

beejack

Re: Hornby TTS Sound Decoders help required to locate sound manuals

Postby beejack » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Hornby have provided the last manuals I needed and the Decoder definition has now been completed.

The undated file has now been included in the latest test version of JMRI 4.13.4 and should be included in the next production release due towards the end of December

brammie

Postby brammie » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Pleased to report that both TTS decoders back from Hornby, having been "reprogrammed " to facilitate operation whether pointing east or west! Both locos track tested - OK. Currently in the process of installing header lights. Plan to configure as a "consist" on the layout once lights installed.

RAFHAAA96

Postby RAFHAAA96 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:44 am

Make sure you stick within the TTS function output current limit or you could blow the decoder. Those outputs are not self protecting, only the motor circuit.
Rob
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.co.uk

brammie

Postby brammie » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Thanks Rob. I plan to use one DCC Concepts 2mm Tower LED each in the yellow and white leads (blue common) with a 1K res in series with each. I understand that this arrangement should result in a current draw of circa 20mA.

brammie

Postby brammie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:29 am

I've just noticed that my post of Oct 28 7.51 pm is in the wrong thread (as are the two subsequent posts). Should have been in "Hornby Class 20 TTS Loco in Consist". My apologies to he originator of this thread - I was having a senior moment. I don't see an obvious way to relocate these posts; perhaps admin could help out here. If so, many thanks.

RAFHAAA96

Postby RAFHAAA96 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:33 pm

brammie wrote:Thanks Rob. I plan to use one DCC Concepts 2mm Tower LED each in the yellow and white leads (blue common) with a 1K res in series with each. I understand that this arrangement should result in a current draw of circa 20mA.

Well within limits, but if they are too bright you can also put a same value resistor in the blue wire.
Rob
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.co.uk

brammie

Postby brammie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:31 pm

My previous post inadvertently added to this thread. See Hornby Class 20 Locos in Consist for further comments.

Return to “DCC Forum”