Those Little People

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

Bufferstop

Those Little People

Post by Bufferstop »

Are any of the little people on your layout characters either well known or with a backstory you have created. Whilst you are confined to barracks introduce us to some of them. Here's a selection of mine.
There seems to have been some sort of glitch in the Matrix as my 1967 Peacock Blue Vauxhall Viva (registration KOJ 530 E) has pitched up on the bridge at the station.
PICT0015.JPG
Just to complicate the issue various characters from TV have snook in, Jack Warner in the persona of PC George Dixon (of Dock Green Nick) and Frank Windsor in the guise of Inspector John Watt are moonlighting in a TV production of an Agatha Christie story.
PICT0016.JPG
PICT0016.JPG (91.7 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
PICT0017.JPG
Meanwhile Joan Hickson is getting into character for Miss Marple sitting on a bench at the branch line station insisting that she won't be coming down to the shoot until they send a "proper train, not one of those diesel things."
PICT0012.JPG
PICT0012.JPG (50.49 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
and just to add a bit of good old northern humour there's a real character pitched up in his Land Rover outside the loco shed.
PICT0014.JPG
Anyone else got a few "characters" to add to the thread?
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
glencairn

Re: Those Little People

Post by glencairn »

Is that 'Our Girl' Georgie Lane about to return from leave?
IMG_2082.JPG
Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
Byegad

Post by Byegad »

I can't post a photo, decency, obstructed viewing angles, etc. etc.

However in the woods, by the campsite, near Commondale on my layout Sunnisyde, are a gentleman and lady, I presume his wife or lady of equal distinction. They appear to have 'gone for a walk in the woods'* while forgetting their vests, and all their other clothing.

* As Robin Hood and Maid Marion used to do on children's TV in the 50s. It took me ages to work out why my dad was always sniggering!
Dublo

Post by Dublo »

Hello all
Have you met Delores yet. She is always accompanied by a particular section of the male population of Little Weldon. Also the source of a lot of gossip among the female's.
IMG_20180627_055554.jpg
IMG_20180627_055554.jpg (49.5 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
Here she is waiting at the end of the alley outside the Pub for a certain person in uniform.
Wolseley

Post by Wolseley »

I temporarily set up this little group in the station forecourt on my layout (plus the cameraman on the platform). I took them down a while later, but they'll find a permanent place either in the forecourt, or maybe on a platform, once I have most of the scenic work done.
Cameo 7R.jpg
Mannick

Post by Mannick »

Are they "person of interest" ? Sorry, I can't resist to write that. :mrgreen: