I may have a touch of OCD

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

BRPannierTank

Postby BRPannierTank » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 am

I have been working on some seating for my small platform, they are the Metcalfe GWR Benches (PO501).

They look very nice when made up straight from the box however I decided to paint mine a GWR chocolate brown colour as this appears to be the most common colour (from looking on the internet).

I have added a few people, all I do to these is give their faces a wash with Agrax Earthshade. The Dog is by Woodland Scenics. He is going to be sat on the platform looking at his owner has she unwraps a sweet.

Now I know trains can be very detrimental to the health of a dog should said beast get under it's wheels and in keeping with the very strict (yeah right) health and safety regulations of 1950's BR, dogs are only allowed if on a lead. This is where my OCD seems to have raised it's ugly head, I added a lead made from stretched sprue, it took me several attempts but I got the thickness more or less right. I have attached it to the lady's hands, the dog will just slide up to it so I can pull him away when dusting, that way the lead will not get broken. I hope.

End2end

Re: I may have a touch of OCD

Postby End2end » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:08 am

Not at all!
Have you seen the lengths I go to, to furnish interiors that no one will ever actually see fully if at all? :lol:
But modelling satisfaction abounds! :D

I have the same benches but am yet to start building them.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:03 am

It's almost a foregone conclusion that it will be apparent amongst modellers, (not just railway), just as there's a higher incidence of dyslexia and mildly autistic tendencies. We are just instilling the correct order of things, as we see it should be, in a world which we can control.
I'm a hopeless case not only a lifelong modeller but a steady progression into the virtual world of computers and IT systems. No matter how deeply you think you understand the insides of a computer you will discover it is an illusion designed to allow the human brain to see order that it can understand.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Bufferstop wrote:

It's almost a foregone conclusion that it will be apparent amongst modellers, (not just railway), just as there's a higher incidence of dyslexia and mildly autistic tendencies. We are just instilling the correct order of things, as we see it should be, in a world which we can control.
I'm a hopeless case not only a lifelong modeller but a steady progression into the virtual world of computers and IT systems. No matter how deeply you think you understand the insides of a computer you will discover it is an illusion designed to allow the human brain to see order that it can understand.

Isn't it CDO? (OCD in alphabetical order?)
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

Return to “Model Railway Photography”