Introducing Swancross.... (OO Gauge layout)

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

glencairn

Re: Introducing Swancross.... (OO Gauge layout)

Postby glencairn » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:21 pm

luckymucklebackit wrote:Hi Kieran - Outstanding photography, think you need to pass on some of your techniques to the rest of us!!

Jim

Not too techy though :)

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

kieranhardy

Postby kieranhardy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Thanks,

The photos are usually taken on a manual mode, lowest F setting with a varying shutter speed depending on the lighting. Some of my lighting is provided with a normal living room type lamp. The steam is cloned in from my real railway photography which sometimes doesn't always work! I then add the lights for the night scenes using the 'lens flare' option on photoshop to add that effect on the station lights & signals. A couple of them have had a bit of extra lighting effect added such as the Pannier at night.

The fog on the G6 is another photoshop effect which is the first time I've tried it.

The shot of the Pannier & M7 however is straight from the camera apart from the resize for the forum.

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks for the info Kieran. Nice to know what and how it can be achieved. Keep up the good work.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:50 am

kieranhardy wrote:Thanks,

The photos are usually taken on a manual mode, lowest F setting with a varying shutter speed depending on the lighting. Some of my lighting is provided with a normal living room type lamp. The steam is cloned in from my real railway photography which sometimes doesn't always work! I then add the lights for the night scenes using the 'lens flare' option on photoshop to add that effect on the station lights & signals. A couple of them have had a bit of extra lighting effect added such as the Pannier at night.

The fog on the G6 is another photoshop effect which is the first time I've tried it.

The shot of the Pannier & M7 however is straight from the camera apart from the resize for the forum.

Thanks kieran!!

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Return to “Model Railway Photography”