another attempt at downloading?

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

rejrob

Re: another attempt at downloading?

Postby rejrob » Wed May 06, 2015 7:12 pm

thank you greatly.I am certainly no computer friendly person ??? but I will seek my sons help in between rugby matches in september.As you may know when i first started photo forwarding it went txxx Up so any good advice will be taken up All the best Ron

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:25 am

Hi all,seems ages since a posting but now a new comp in situ the worlds my oyster.Having an affinity with Oz i have embarked on a new NSW urban unit kit purchased from Casula models in Newcastle.its the 5 car Budd rail motor unit which ran some years ago Its a hardish plastic which does not enable the use of plastiweld but superglue.The mouldings are not brilliant but with a bit of work ,not bad.As with the rattler directional lighting(Having raided another 2 hornby pullmans of their lighting)and interior seating to be fitted.A start has been made and will be posting some pick,s soon.Due to an op 2 weeks ago I am afraid no lifting climbing up to the loft and the layout so short bursts in the shed.The Guvnor is looking after me bless her as is my son who must think he,s on a busman's holiday?? :D :D Hopefully after the 2nd all systems go.All the best Ron

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:17 am

DSC04126.jpg
DSC04126.jpg (101.37 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
DSC04124.jpg
DSC04124.jpg (121.29 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
DSC04123.jpg
DSC04123.jpg (125.1 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
DSC04122.jpg
DSC04122.jpg (124.95 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
DSC04105.jpg
DSC04105.jpg (280.98 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
Hi all,hope all is well on the modelling front.Personally feeling better and can do more than a few weeks ago.The Budd cars,5 in all that were made,are coming along.I must say that in 25yrs of modelling both plastic and etched ,this is the worst kit ever.Believe or not I haven,t sworn too often,due to shear disbelief at the standard(Or lack of it)of the plastic mouldings.As can be seen from a photo the roofs are mainly banana shaped.The sides are like corrugated with so many curves.The roofs are ribbed so i have 5 of the universal roofs from branchlines and reversed them.The engine ventilation units sited on each roof will be separated from the ribbed section cleaned up and glued onto the new roof.I cannot explain the full inaccuracies of this kit,there is too many but hopefully I will be able to finish a presentable set of carriages,incidentally nicknamed The camel due to the vents.Still getting the hang of this new computer?? :D :DP.S.must do better when resizing on photo bucket Sorry

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:06 pm

DSC04114.jpg
DSC04114.jpg (109.29 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
DSC04113.jpg
DSC04113.jpg (78.15 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
DSC04116.jpg
DSC04116.jpg (134.64 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
DSC04115_1.jpg
DSC04115_1.jpg (112.67 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
Here are a few more pick,s as progress continues.The seats used were the same as in the rattler but cut to individual ones.The floor panel had a strengthening rib on each outer edge which necessitated cutting each seat to fit over the rib,some job??? Windscreen wipers from MJT and twin roof horns from Marits.Brake hoses were in the TOT box.
DSC04119.jpg
DSC04119.jpg (86.83 KiB) Viewed 1321 times

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:54 pm

hi all ,just a mid life crisis update on *The Camel*The branchlines roofs fitted okay and the vents have been separated from the old extrusions.The further trouble was the extreme excess of plastic under the roof which I have filed away.Bearing in mind the brittleness of the urathane(Not sure of spelling) moulding. I have now cut a section of the previously fitted roof out to set in the old roof vents,some job but at last they are all fitted.With some cleaning up to do then priming the roofs and finishing coat,all will be left is the transfers.Further pick,s will be submitted soon.Coupled to the fact that a green bachmann class 20(D8000 which has been altered) has now joined the fleet as a photo of one of the first ones at Hither green visiting from Hornsey with freight is now in model form .Hopefully 73-101 The Royal Alex which refers to the old childrens hospital in Brighton.This was on my beat and many a visit made where the kids usually ended up with more uniform than me??? :D Im proud to have been able to raise quite a bit of money for them before I retired so although its later than most of my loco,s its welcome as an addition to the fleet.All for now TTFN Ron

retiredoperator

Postby retiredoperator » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:39 am

Hi Modeller You have some super E M U 's there including a "Double Decker" which reminds me of the time, yawn :oops: when I spent my rest day waiting to have a ride, and taking photos of one in South London (it was cancelled, that day, shortly after it was out of service for good) and was that a 4 COR?? terriffic on any BR (S) layout. Happy modelling Kev

rejrob

Postby rejrob » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:10 pm

hi thanks for the comment.I used to catch the D/D at new eltham quite often when working in london but was later one morning and grabbed the last compartment.Wan,t until lee green i realised it was the ladies only compartment A 17 year old apprentice was never so red :o The D/D on the layout is the MJK? prototype purchased from the owner of No-nonsense kits which he acquired on buying the firm.Sadly he died some while ago.It weighs 3.5lbs and is powered by a truing ex dock shunt motor with smaller wheels

Return to “Model Railway Photography”