My Model Train Fleet

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

Harry Douthwaite

My Model Train Fleet

Postby Harry Douthwaite » Mon May 07, 2012 7:26 am

I decided to create a photo album on flikr for my model railway fleet. More images to follow soon!

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a275/ ... %20Trains/

I'm really, really happy with the purchases I made recently. A Lima Class 50 for $35, a Lima Class 37 for $35, and a Lima Class 33 for just... wait for it... $15!!! :o
Now I'm working on completing two Bachmann coach consists for the 50 (Mark 2) and 37 (Mark 1).
Sadly I don't get to run my models very often since I don't have the space for a layout at home, but I do belong to a model railway club that meets every month and sometimes we get to run our trains. We also exhibit the layout once a year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbcCEFD18J8
Last edited by Harry Douthwaite on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brossard

Re: My Model Train Fleet

Postby Brossard » Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks for sharing the clip Harry. That layout looks like it's a lot of fun. It's good to see you guys flying the British Railways flag out west. We exhibit ours 2 or 3 times a year - a lot of work but very satisfying. We just did GBTS in Brampton. Unfortunately we are not as prolific with making video clips as some. You can see what we've been up to at the links below.

Cheers

John
John

Harry Douthwaite

Postby Harry Douthwaite » Mon May 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks John :)

Well the layout is actually undergoing major changes right now. Let's just say the little green 0-4-0 with the small freight was the last train to cross the viaduct. ;)
I just hope I can get my Bachmann Mk1 and Mk2 sets completed before the next exhibition on September 16th.

Harry Douthwaite

Postby Harry Douthwaite » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:37 am

Sadly the 2012 exhibit on September 16th was cancelled at the last minute. The 2013 exhibit went on as scheduled at a new location from the previous exhibits and you can view the video of the British Railways' layout here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Q4RaQGrYA
The sets that were mine were the Class 50 hauled BR Blue/Grey Mk2 set, along with the small LNER iron ore freight and the Intercity Class 37 on nukes :D
I also own the wagons hauled by Edward in the video and the Class 08 blue shunter.
Unfortunately some of my other stock didn't get in the video, such as the ONE Class 156 DMU - though that has been in previous videos.

As for the layout itself, the viaduct has been swapped for a 5-track station with two island platforms and a siding, engine shed and small fiddle yard. I hope to post more videos and photos soon.
The station name 'Bricknel' is in memorial of John Bricknel who passed away a few years ago... the 'change for Dryden Bay' is tribute to Bill Dryden who passed away last year, both were long-serving members for the club and contributed a lot to it.

Return to “Model Railway Photography”