B7 in sparkly winter landscape: Norway

Post anything here that is related to taking Railway Photographs!

Moderator: saslord

carlf

B7 in sparkly winter landscape: Norway

Postby carlf » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:37 pm

On saturday the 27. the NMJ (Norsk Modelljernbane/[Norwegian Railway Modells]) arranged a chartered trip to promote their line of norwegian B7 passenger coaches in H0. The trip went in, of course, the B7 coaches, although the realsize version, hauled by a El 17 electric engine. The route was from Oslo Central to Halden in southeast Norway and return. A part of the route was over a line that is not opperated at the time so we had the tracks to ourselves. Here is some of the pics, and there are more pictures on my website http://www.carlf-jernbane.piczo.com and on this tread in the norwegian forum: http://www.mjf.no/forum//forum_posts.asp?TID=2249&PN=1

Editt: Bad formulation corrected
Last edited by carlf on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

davek

Postby davek » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:53 pm

Very nice pictures! Superb snow shots.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:16 am

Cheers Carl!

Lovely photos there. Nice to see some Norweigan railways pictures :wink: . Looks like you're setfor some stylish travel in those new carriges. Are they as impressive INSIDE as they are outside? I love the dark russet-ish colour: almost a cross between Maroon and Bauxite! Much nicer than the garish pink-splashed things I sometimes encounter on our railways!

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

carlf

Postby carlf » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:19 pm

Thanks all!

Tim:

Well the carriges are only new in model (H0). The carriges you see there were quite shabby, the in- and exterior is in need of a new coat of paint.
The colors are going to be redone. The negative side is that they are giving it a mix of red (lighter then the crimson ich tomatosoupe-red), some silver stripes and, get ready to puke, Orange!!! Its horrible!!! Here is a picture of one who are already raped (thats painted):

You can see some of the horror there... I think most of the material which is now in the tomatosoupe-red is going to be in the puke-mix :(

edit: Spelling and grammar
Last edited by carlf on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Why oh why oh WHY do they insist on painting trains that look like Joseph's Technicolour Yawncoat?

It's utterly ridiculous! The trouble is, companies want to appear 'trendy' (give me strength...) for some reason so we end up having our eyes assaulted by clours that clash more violently than a Beitruit bank holiday!

Thanks for the info though Carl. I see there's a picture of the HO version:
I like the shots on that link (though obviously, I don't understand the language!) of the Tomato Soup livery (what a reat name!) and think it ridiculous they've changed it.

If only railway lovers could chose the liveries, eh? :wink:

Cheers Carl

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

carlf

Postby carlf » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:31 pm

Infrontcat wrote:
If only railway lovers could chose the liveries, eh? :wink:

Cheers Carl

Tim

Oh if only :wink:

But if I were to decide we would still be riding of in 1850's steam locos to work, aaah...
And R.E.M. would play conserts on my lawn everyday... :P

mortyfootball

Postby mortyfootball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:12 pm

Great pics there Carl!
Currently on the rails with my camera

carlf

Postby carlf » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:03 am

Here's a picture of the suburban train, Bm 69, before and after the repaint: Image

rosenblad

Postby rosenblad » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:32 pm

Hi!

It saddens me to see how the people in charge of the Norwegian railways just love to ruin our trains and railways. Thank goodness we can model the British (BR-era) scene!

Best Wishes,
Tom

Return to “Railway Photographs”