WSR Spring Steam Gala

Post anything here that is related to taking Railway Photographs!

Moderator: saslord

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

WSR Spring Steam Gala

Postby flying scotsman123 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Another Spring steam gala - lucky me! This time it was the WSR's, and it was a great show. Virtually all locos were turned at either end so no huge groans as a loco came round a corner tender or bunker first! Lots of variety, and I even bought a loco and coach:

"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

skyblue

Re: WSR Spring Steam Gala

Postby skyblue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:15 am

Nice photos, especially the one of Morning Star (Britannia?) at Washford. I'm not so keen on the whole renumbering/renaming thing even if temporary, but I can see why they do it I suppose. The Lima(?) Prairie looks good too - looks like you got a good condition example, unlike mine before I repainted it!

flying scotsman123

Postby flying scotsman123 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:35 pm

skyblue wrote:Nice photos, especially the one of Morning Star (Britannia?) at Washford. I'm not so keen on the whole renumbering/renaming thing even if temporary, but I can see why they do it I suppose. The Lima(?) Prairie looks good too - looks like you got a good condition example, unlike mine before I repainted it!

Hi skyblue, yes it is britannia dressed up. Normally I don't mind, especially as it was part of the south Wales theme. However it was messed up a bit as the background colour of the cover of the cabside plate was wrong and stuck out quite badly, you.can just see it on one of them.

Indeed it is a lima prairie, I was amazed when I put it on the track that it runs so well too. It was about £30, so not too bad, I've seen them go for more. The green is a little off I think, but better than hornby's recent attempts...

ParkeNd

Postby ParkeNd » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:25 pm

They are good photos - infrastructure showing rather than just locos. I too don't get the fake renaming - surely Britannia would have been a big enough pull in its own right?

flying scotsman123

Postby flying scotsman123 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Thanks ParkeNd, I like the whole atmosphere of heritage railways so try and capture that, not just the locos. I can't be doing with standing in a field in the middle of nowhere waiting for a train to go past, especially not in the rain - that's why quite a lot of my pictures of the corner of a canopy in them! I took a good number of pics that don't have any locos in at all, just interesting things. As I said, when done properly, I don't mind renamings, Britannia's was done badly, but morning star fitted in better with the south Wales theme than Britannia I think. I still don't understand why a railway would do it though, as I'm sure it puts more people off each year than it does attract who otherwise wouldn't come!

Return to “Railway Photographs”