TBR's Pictures

Post anything here that is related to taking Railway Photographs!

Moderator: saslord

trolley bus racer

TBR's Pictures

Postby trolley bus racer » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Gidday all

Just thorught i'd share some Pictures of the Trains in Melbourne

V/Line
V/line operate all Rural train and Coach services in Victoria (Not interstate nor Town bus Services)
A N Class Loco And Vlocity (yes its how they spell it) Railcar At Southern Cross Station (Was Spencer Street)... the terminating station for all Interstate & Rural services

A Vlocity leaves the Spencer Street yard

A Vlocity arrives at Sunbury

A Vlocity exits the Geelong tunnel heading toward Marshall

Connex
well..... Connex. The Fantastic *Cough* BullSh*t *Cough* Operators of our suburban system
Alstom Refurb Comeng at Flinders Street station, most suburban services Terminate here but instead of changing ends the train enters the underground portion of the "City Loop". the City Loop Consists of Southern Cross, Flinders Street which are Above ground and Parliament, Melbourne central (Formerly Museum) And Flagstaff (which is Closed Weekends) only Electrics are Allowed to use the loop cause of the lack of ventelation for exhaust (the suburbans are electric so no need), in Rare occasions Diesels (Rural trains) have been sent there accidentally.

While im talking about the City loop A EDI Refurbished Comeng Leaves Parliament Station, Each underground Station has a different design as during construction one station was opened at a time

A Alstom Refub Comeng arrives at North Melbourne heading towards Werribee

A Alstom Refurb Comeng Arrives at Sandown Park on its way To Pakenham

A EDI Refurb Arrives at Flinders Street... Get this, this was my train from my house. i got off at southern cross waited 2 minutes got on another train going in the same direction got off at flinders street and casually took that pic

A couple a days a year this line is open for passenger traffic, this line only serves Flemington Racecourse and the Melbourne showgrounds during events this train line will see train every 5 minutes minimum, when no events are on the line only used to stable trains At Flemington Racecourse

A EDI Refurbished Comeng on a Flemington Race Service approaching Newmarket (this is where the Racecourse line Deviates)

a Asltom Comeng arrives at Sydenham (Watergardens) 8 years ago (2000) where i'm standing was a Wasteland with a dilapidated Train line with a at least hourly service, Electric trains were introduced in 2002 here

EDI Comeng and a Gerenda Scania Artic Built by Volgren At Oakleigh

A Grenda Volvo B10M With Volgren Body On Rail Replacements at Oakleigh

Back in 2001/02 The Private Operators Being Connex and M>Train (National Express) had to refurbish the Comeng Cars
Connex Choosing Alstom and National Express choosing EDI Rail... National Express also Owned V/Line. National Express in 2002 Handed back the Contracts to the Goverment with a weeks notice of Leaving, Connex took over the whole suburban system, and V/line is still in goverment control

Connex aslo Ordered New X'trapolis Trains and National Express Ordered New Siemeins MOMO (Nexas) Trains
The Siemeins trans have been Docked twice for brake faliures which sent the system into Chaos (1/3rd of the trains on the network were docked) the Short term Solution is to run them in 6 Car config instead of 3 which somehow stops the failures
Some do think that national express knew about the brakes, and just ran away from the Problems
Remember To Valadate Your Metcard Before You Travel

Melbourne: The Only Transport Network That Pefers To Fine Tourists Rather Than Helping Them

lozstlouis

Re: TBR's Pictures

Postby lozstlouis » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:30 pm

Nice pics. I like Melbourne. Was there last year for a few days on a work trip. Spent about an hour on the bridge on Russell Street behind Federation Square. Was staying in the Grand Hyatt - amazing views. The trains from that bridge go into a tunnel and all sorts. We used to have Connex services in South London but they were cra*p and got dumped for Southern. Thanks for posting.
OO in the loft. Lenz 90 making it go.

BrotherWolf

Postby BrotherWolf » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:55 pm

trolley bus racer wrote:

I like this picture, my guess is it isn't really going this fast :o

Those pics got me wondering, is it possible to get those trains as models? Not that I want one, I just wondered how easy it is to get models of Aussie rolling stock.
Click the banner for my Smugmug site

Postby 47806 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:34 pm

Great photos! Lots of variety. I hope to make it to Australia one day.
Follow the Progress on my Layouts - click here.
My Railway Photography - click here.

beerandpies

Postby beerandpies » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:19 am

Fantastic pics... I spent three weeks in and around Melbourne in 2004... Stayed with a friend in Spring Vale and travelled on one or two of the trains into town. No complaints from me about the rail links. I'd love to go back at some point.

Flinders Street Station is quite spectacular!
cheers, Mark.
Scragg End

trolley bus racer

Postby trolley bus racer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:46 am

Thanks Guys!

BrotherWolf wrote:I like this picture, my guess is it isn't really going this fast :o

Sorta it was just pulling out

BrotherWolf wrote:Those pics got me wondering, is it possible to get those trains as models? Not that I want one, I just wondered how easy it is to get models of Aussie rolling stock.

The Suburban stuff is really hard to get and only pre refurb models are avaliable, The Victorians are serious rivit counters so no one really likes to make the suburban stock :( Copyright doesnt help either, its a pain in the Arse

Melbourne: The Only Transport Network That Pefers To Fine Tourists Rather Than Helping Them

trolley bus racer

Postby trolley bus racer » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Alright here are some trams,
Yarra Trams (Transdev) has run the whole network since 2002 after M>Tram (National Express) pulled out
Similar with the trains Yarra trams and M>Tram Refurbished their trams.

Yarra trams has painted them into a grey primer colour with a blue and green pin stripes running from top to bottom at either end (which really sucks cause the city looks colourless compaired to the green and gold of which they used to be)
Before M>tram pulled out they ordered 3 and 5 section Siemens Combinos and Yarra Trams Ordered Alstom Citadis 300's

B2, 2052 enters Bourke Street Mall

C Class 3009 reflects in the water near Port Junction

C Class 3033 and National Bus 561 (Yet another abandoned operation of National Express) In Collins Street

2 B2 class trams travel up Elizabeath Street

B2 2103 abput to corss Swanston street into Bourke Street Mall

Currently on loan from Mulhouse in France is this Alstom Citadis at Southern Cross Station Can Anyone find the door thats not in use?

B2 2155 and 2125 pass on the Bourke Street hill

A rare little shot here B2 2058 on a diverted 112 service due to overhead damage

beerandpies

Postby beerandpies » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Do these ones still do the the tourist loop?

I enjoyed Melbourne trams.
cheers, Mark.
Scragg End

trolley bus racer

Postby trolley bus racer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:43 am

Yep but they Now have Pantographs :x

Return to “Railway Photographs”