PeterH's Watford Junction thread. 60009 UoSA: p.16

Post anything here that is related to taking Railway Photographs!

Moderator: saslord

PeterH

Re: PeterH's Watford Junction Camel Spotting photo thread.

Postby PeterH » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 pm

The trip continues to Worchester, so those who have decided to alight at Kidderminster are transferred to a private SVR train for a trip up the line and back.
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

z7o

Postby z7o » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:09 pm

how do you cope? about a year ago i was in and out of homeless accomadation and i spent 2 weeks living pretty much directly under the wcml, it was a nightmare...

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:40 pm

WCML can be noisy... thank goodness for double glazing! I suppose living here for about 5 years now you do get used to it. Can be inconvenient at times, such as when a train passes you when you are in mid-sentance, or as you just drift off to sleep just to be woken up by a loud freight passing. I get by though!

Steam next weekend! And for once I won't be onboard. It is 60163 again doing the Euston-Chester run. I am thinking of heading to Gypsy Lane (see P.12) bridge to see her Northbound and in the station on the way back. Although in saying that I reckon it will probably be at Watford Junction for both passes...

Video making has been a nightmare thus far, with my Desktop failing on every single occassion to produce the films for the past month. With any luck Part 1 of the Weymouth trip will be done, so I can then try to produce Part 2. I have yet to edit the 60163 trip to the SVR.
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:33 am

We had 60163 'Tornado' through on Saturday 10th September. The video of her can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7KC6vO9 ... C&index=12
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

cmeonthemove

Postby cmeonthemove » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:29 pm

You might also be interested in this photo I took of 70000 on the Cathedrals Express having left Norwich on 21/08/2011:-

And the video here:

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Well, 34067 'Tangmere' has just come by at 18:06. Light engine movement. She was supposed to come through at 16:21 - I found out she was coming passed at 16:27. Heard her go by just now, thought I had missed her. 60163 on Wednesday though, I shall definetly go to see that.

Video of my trip from Euston to the SVR is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUvnV5UpuI Includes passing through Watford.
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:10 pm

How do all. Below is a video of 60163 passing through Watford Junction light engine. On a movement from Kidderminster to Stewarts Lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2f0-YappcA
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Two more forthcoming trips... First is on the 24th October on 'The Sussex Belle'; from Victoria to Ashford, Rye, Hastings and back. Tis a roundy-roundy trip. Only £39 per person as well... 34067 taking us on that.

Second trip is on Armistice Day from Watford Junction to Ashford and the K&ESR. I could have gone on to Canterbury; but the lure of more steam engines proves much too tempting!
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Wednesday 26th October is the date for my trip on 'The Sussex Belle' behind 34067 'Tangmere'. Should be a most enjoyable trip mehopes. I'll naturally create a thread of my photos/videos on the afterwards.
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:51 pm

70000 coming through on Saturday, as usual I will film her pass through Watford station.
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Britannia was very impressive passing through today, especially in the evening. I will post a video sometime tomorrow of her in Watford.
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Here is the promised video of 70000 Britannia passing through Watford Junction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odf13gGN3fo
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:45 pm

A few stills from the above video. Not the best quality I am afraid. I need to find a way of taking stills and record a video at the same time really...

Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:24 pm

I can't believe this is the first post I've made in this thread this year! It has been far too long! Well, as a comeback we have a very apt loco for Watford Junction. 46233 'Duchess of Sutherland', which would have been very local on this line. She is hauling the Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust's trip 'The London Explorer' on Saturday 20th October 2012. Sheffield - Euston return.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJbvOs6GQck

And a few stills from the above video, shame they don't come out too well from the video!

Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:33 am

Back in your Dec 2011 photos I was amazed at the number of speed restriction signs there.
My, we motorists complain about badly sited & partially hidden restriction signs, but how do
you know which to abide by there !!! ??? Probably all the temporary 20 limits to play safe.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Return to “Railway Photographs”