The Childhood Dream

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
smitstr

Postby smitstr » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Well it is my first dcc so i know that feeling lol

smitstr

Postby smitstr » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:12 pm

Hi again,

I have now wired all my point motors, ready for hornby point decoders, when i get the money and installed them into the baseboard. which meant i could pin down the track, which now means i can ballast the track before touching up the grass and adding scenic items.

Anybody got any easy ideas of connect the hills with the middle flat scenery wise?

Peter

smitstr

Childhood dream video update

Postby smitstr » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:30 pm

Just a quick one,
2 minute movie made in windows movie maker, not my choice of programme but dont yet have sonic/nero installed on this comp!
Enjoy:

Peter

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:47 pm

Excellent clip and a great little slice of industry in action !

I noticed that when the loco shunts onto the unloading bay the wagon uncouples automatically - neat. Is that part of the kit or something you set up ?

I'm looking forward to seeing this again when there's a few structures / buildings etc.

smitstr

Postby smitstr » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:07 pm

Part Of the kit, you get the tipper, wires, lever, hornby uncoupling straight and a set of gradient towers(which i didnt use cause i built it into my hill) and it's just one of those things that give more joy then they should! or do i just have a mental age of 3? lol

peter

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:12 pm

smitstr wrote:it's just one of those things that give more joy then they should! ...
peter

I know what you mean. It looks great fun - and it extends the visual interest beyond just the trains.

smitstr

Postby smitstr » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:32 pm

Hey long time no update!

I havnt done too much to the layout*:
1) I tinkered with the slopes so the trains do not derail every 5 mins.
2) Motorised all my points for dcc(finally got a dynamis and a hornby accessory decoder)
3) For christmas i was given a lovely hornby freightliner 08 (seen below) and its chipped for dcc. A class 66 freightliner/shanks w/sound is also in the post (next project, don't ask!)
4) Played with the ballasting a bit.

*due to cash flow problems

I'm hoping to finish this layout in january, just few bits to do now. Im gonna hopefully by a bag of woodland scenic grass very soon and once thats finished im gonna hide the slope with a wall. and the just finishing the ballasting.

Anybody know the company who sell scale wall(bricks n stuff) designs which you print onto card?

As promised:

Peter

Clifton009

Postby Clifton009 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi Peter.

Layout's looking good.

You can download brick etc free on the link below:

http://www.mayang.com/textures/

smitstr

Postby smitstr » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:01 pm

Hey,
Cheers for the link clifton but there is a website that do print off kits, i was trying to remember the site. That way it should be in gauge aswell.

Peter

Raider

Postby Raider » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:21 pm

Scalescenes do printable buildings.

smitstr

Postby smitstr » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:47 pm

That'ld be the one cheers
maybe some nice walls now!

peter

smitstr

Postby smitstr » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:14 pm

hey,

quick update:

i) 66522 with sound and lights ariived yesterday(i'll try and upload a video of her in action, havnt had time as i went bk to school today :( )
ii) Been playin with walls but i can't find a decent way of making and fixing them to the layout. any ideas? :?:
iii) I have made a small hinged add-on to the layout at the top right to allow me to drive trains on/off the layout and allow the locos to get onto the back sidings.

peter

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”