Goathland - Ed's Layout! UPDATED 23/03/10

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
edwardholmes91

Re: Goathland - Ed's Layout!

Post by edwardholmes91 »

Class 66 wrote:For some odd reason I felt like having a read through the whole layout thread again. Had a very enjoyable one hour doing so though :)
Why thanks! :D I am most pleased that you enjoyed yourself. I sometimes spend ages reading threads that I have already read lol. Glad it made an interesting read! :D At least I am not boring people to death lol. Did you get my PM that I sent you? Sorry I didn't reply sooner.
Class 66

Post by Class 66 »

holmedwa04 wrote:
Class 66 wrote:For some odd reason I felt like having a read through the whole layout thread again. Had a very enjoyable one hour doing so though :)
Why thanks! :D I am most pleased that you enjoyed yourself. I sometimes spend ages reading threads that I have already read lol. Glad it made an interesting read! :D At least I am not boring people to death lol. Did you get my PM that I sent you? Sorry I didn't reply sooner.
I got the PM. Working on a reply as we speak :)
edwardholmes91

Post by edwardholmes91 »

Thanks, got it and replied back :D Sorry no progress on the layout guys. :(
edwardholmes91

Post by edwardholmes91 »

Not sure if this should be posted in here, but hey ho, I have talked about it before... I did all of my exams, the two physics that I resat I got C and D on so now I am at a high D overall and on a good grounding to do similar in my A2 exam. The general studies wasn't so good though... I got B, U, U which gave me an E overall in that at AS level, so I have decided, scrap the general studies and just concentrate on my A2 exams in Physics, Electronics and ICT.

For university they would like me to have 240 UCAS points, of which 40 can come from AS exams and I must get a grade E at A2 physics. So... the pressures on, got 20 from that E at General Studies AS though.

As for time left at school... I have 5 weeks before half term as of this Monday coming (23 days at school, two bank holidays) then I have got one week half term another 2 weeks (10 days) and another 2 days. Which if I am correct brings me to 16th June when I finish for summer :D I am not entirely sure but I think that I have quite a bit of study leave so I probably wont be going in much other than for exams after half term. Then after the 16th of June I am free from that hell hole! :D

Anyways, enough of me boring you about my life and what I am doing/have done, hopefully I will be making lots more progress on my layout and website etc. once I have finished my exams. I am really looking forward to it and so should you be... because in theory there should be some more interesting posts coming your way :)
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Nice on Edward, how did you do on your electronic?
Also which Uni are you planning to go to and what are you planning to study
edwardholmes91

Post by edwardholmes91 »

m.levin wrote:Nice on Edward, how did you do on your electronic?
Also which Uni are you planning to go to and what are you planning to study
Well... I didn't re-take any of my electronics, but currently I am 2 marks off a C at AS and expected a grade B at A2. I am planning on going to Staffordshire University for entry in 2010, studying Electronic Engineering. The reason I chose a university so close to home was because they offer the exact course I want. Lots of universities teach Electronic and Electrical Engineering as one subject, Staffordshire split them up into 2 different ones and because I want to focus on the Electronic side I chose that course.
f1_mw

Post by f1_mw »

Just had a read through this thread, some good stuff Ed! Knuckle down and get your grades, you'll be free soon :mrgreen: I'm currently in my second year at Newcastle doing Electrical and Electronic Engineering, so I wholeheartedly approve of your degree choice 8)
Chris M.
edwardholmes91

Post by edwardholmes91 »

f1_mw wrote:Just had a read through this thread, some good stuff Ed! Knuckle down and get your grades, you'll be free soon :mrgreen: I'm currently in my second year at Newcastle doing Electrical and Electronic Engineering, so I wholeheartedly approve of your degree choice 8)
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I assume thats Newcastle Upon Type? Not the one near me Newcastle Under Lyme? I know... I cant wait, 30 days left at school and counting :lol:
chris256

Post by chris256 »

nice im really inpressed

p.s i love trains
edwardholmes91

Post by edwardholmes91 »

Thanks, glad you liked it. Looking forward to getting the other buildings and stuff that haven't been released yet by Skaledale.
Class 66

Post by Class 66 »

holmedwa04 wrote:Thanks, glad you liked it. Looking forward to getting the other buildings and stuff that haven't been released yet by Skaledale.
I'm looking forward to a picture update Edward :D (hint hint hehe)
f1_mw

Post by f1_mw »

holmedwa04 wrote:
f1_mw wrote:Just had a read through this thread, some good stuff Ed! Knuckle down and get your grades, you'll be free soon :mrgreen: I'm currently in my second year at Newcastle doing Electrical and Electronic Engineering, so I wholeheartedly approve of your degree choice 8)
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I assume thats Newcastle Upon Type? Not the one near me Newcastle Under Lyme? I know... I cant wait, 30 days left at school and counting :lol:
Yes, correct, 'oop North! No decent model shops though :cry:
Chris M.
edwardholmes91

Post by edwardholmes91 »

Ok, I will do my best, really busy at the moment and nothing much has changed really. But will see what I can do. Blimey I never knew how typing one handed was so slow :(

I wouldn't worry, there isn't that many good model shops where I live. They are all changing to Modelzone and they don't stock half of what they used to. The only really good one is The Train Shop Of Lichfield and I think that even that one has gone now :(
trainsandco

Post by trainsandco »

OK.. I know it was a long time ago (for you-I've just read the whole thread,very good by the way) which pullmans did you get? I am planning to get 3 of the new horny ones-daffodil bar, 1st class kitchen 'monaco' ,and the observation car!!

Music is the best thing to have! just got some very nice speakers bass enhanced to level 5!!!! (my dads new favourite phrase is 'Turn the Bloo*y music down!)

Ace layout! wish I could get on with my layout as quickly as you have. started 2002-just starting to install more perminant things e.g. fields, hills. but mind you my railway as been about 6 places in that time, sedgewell road, NYMR (snap!) laque pour and now oxcote what next?? (all change for.....)

keep up good work

Regards

Trainsandco
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A
trainsandco

Post by trainsandco »

sorry meant to say HORNBY pullmans sorry....
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A