Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Raider

Postby Raider » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:12 am

Sorry to hear about the parcel - there really is no excuse for that kind of packing especially if the package contains stuff which will get ruined if it gets wet.

Will Gaugemaster swap the backgrounds which are the wrong size?

waz

Postby waz » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi Raider!!

Thanks for your concern about the c up. I don't know if they will replace the the gear or not. I have sent them an email to there suggestions box regarding the coding on their Peco backdrop web page to say why don't you indicate which are large and which are medium. I ended up with 5 medium and two large. The large I wanted and there is no way the medium will match in. A small loss of about a fiver. Is it worth the hastle. Incedently, I purchased 3 old industrial backgrounds from a guy on Ebay a few weeks ago. I paid well over the odds for them because I'd bought from him before and he gave great service. First he emailed me back immediately to say he was one short but had more comming in the next day. 72 hours later they were in my hands, packed in a substantial cardboard tube in perfect condition. Now I feel even better that I paid the extra.

Have you ever noticed that you never get a short explanation from me?

Thanks for all your interest.

BILL.

Raider

Postby Raider » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:20 pm

I must admit I usually find no problems with the way people package things on e-bay - guess they have more to lose than people like Gaugemaster and the like.

I suppose the loss of a fiver isn't too bad - I hadn't checked the price of the backdrops.

Are the backdrops the finishing touches to your layout for now or do you (like me) have loads to do?

dr5euss

Postby dr5euss » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:24 pm

I suppose the loss of a fiver isn't too bad - I hadn't checked the price of the backdrops.

That's 2 1/2 week's pocket money!

waz

Postby waz » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:30 pm

Hi again Raider!!

No, they're not the finishing touches. In fact they are the begining. I need to start at the back of the layout and work forward and round. Take a quick look at the photos you'll see what I mean.

http://usera.imagecave.com/bluebird60/

BILL.

psdavidson

Postby psdavidson » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:08 pm

dr5euss wrote:

That's 2 1/2 week's pocket money!

Hang about! you are able to model some of the most obscure gauges imaginable including several that I am sure you invented yourself on two quid a week???
"The Other Pete"

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is

Raider

Postby Raider » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:12 pm

Does seem strange that - I think someone may be telling porkies

dr5euss

Postby dr5euss » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:14 pm

My mistake - it's £5 a week :oops: .

And if I help Mummy with the housework then I get bonuses :wink: !

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was £5 is still a lot of money - one Metcalfe kit, pack of OO people...

Raider

Postby Raider » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:25 pm

Depends on disposable income I guess

waz

Postby waz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Point taken George.

I'm not the lazy apathetic type but I could get involved in quite an exchange with Guagemaster which is hardly worth the effort for the cost involved. That's what I'm getting at. Never mind a Metcalfe kit. It's more than 4 cans of Tetley's.

My enthusiasm do waneth.

BILL.

Raider

Postby Raider » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:51 pm

Metcalfe Kit or 4 cans of Tetley - I know which one would get my vote :wink:

(Its the Tetley BTW)

Derek

Postby Derek » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:41 pm

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with Guagemaster, Bill, hope you can get it sorted out.
(I feel a bit bad because I gave you their link).

Please post back and let us know how it turns out.

waz

Postby waz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:05 pm

Derek old son!!

Don't feel too bad about you suggesting Guagemaster. I had already bought from them a few weeks earlier and they gave me decent service and the stuff came well packed. It could have been packed by someone on a Saturday job.

BILL.

waz

Postby waz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:32 pm

Hi All!!!!

Just by way of a change and me not having any photos for you having made little progress with the layout in the last week I thought I'd post you some photos of a real layout. The Isle of Man Steam Railway.

April 3rd is it's first day in service for the season and will give a regular service till Setember. In case you don't know, it runs from Douglas to Port Erin which is a run of about 16 miles. I think the first picture is of my village station Port St.Mary which is just round the corner from me. All the other pictures are taken at Port Erin exept the last one which I took from the back garden steps. It's the 12.15 out of Port Erin. That's the one in the photos at Port Erin.

The railway is owned by The Department of Transport so I suppose in a way I own a tiny bit of it.

If you want to see more photos I'll do a few. Just ask.

Thanks for taking time out to look.

BILL.

http://usera.imagecave.com/bluebird60/

dr5euss

Postby dr5euss » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:08 pm

Nice place, The Isle of Man - where the Bee Gees came from 8)

Thanks for posting the pictures Bill - you layout's looking great too!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”