Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
waz

Re: Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Postby waz » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi Chaps!
Yes, look what the winds blown in. It's me again. I need to put some photos up but Photobucket is playing up again. What are you chaps using at the moment. Any ideas for me. It needs to be free.

With my Best Regards
Bill.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Use the attachments tab just down below, it will optimise the size to display. You can even just drag the thumbnail of a file from your desktop to the cursor point on the screen, then click on "place in line" to get the attachment tags into the text. Give it a try. You are still restricted to five per post but that's not a terrible restriction.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

End2end

Postby End2end » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:01 pm

https://www.deviantart.com/ is free
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

waz

Postby waz » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Sorry Bufferstop but I don't understand what you mean? What attachments tab? Where?

My Best Regards
BILL.

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:36 pm

'Evening BILL - I found this thread most useful - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40053&p=492996&hilit=Idiot#p493187

waz

Postby waz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:53 am

Hi Chaps.
Thanks for all your help. still have a problem with photobuckest but I managed to upload some pics of which I will post later. Every time I need to do something with Photobucket it plonks a comfirm email pain on screen telling me they will send a confirmation link to my email address which never arrives. Ah well, but I'm getting there.
Thanks again. Will post this afternoon.

My Best Regards

Bill.

waz

Postby waz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi Chaps.

Well then here we are again. When I come to think of it there isn't much to say. The centre piece is the main station. That is as far as iv'e got to date. Its taken me several months to get the track running true so over that time iv'e altered some stuff here and there. This is because the track layout is very tight and I won't have much room for many extras. A mate of mine bought me the goods depot so I had to shoe horn it in somewhere not least having to build it. He's a good soul, don't know what I'd do without him calling round now and again. So with a little luck here's some picsImage
The grey card is not going to be used. I'm about to paint the rest of the baseboard grey and see what it looks like as a background colour. Image Image
The platforms arr a mixture of Hornby and Metcalf but unfortunately when I made up the Metcalfe ones I used the Hornby ones as a template for width. So i'm stuck with them. Image
If you look at the pics of the layout from later this year (could be back end of last year) you'll get an idea of the configuration and where the station is situated.
I seem to have become a little over enthusiastic, now having DCC, I have too many trains on the track. I must take some off.
Hope all this meets with your approval. Many thanks for taking time out to look.

My Very Best Regards to you all.

BILL.

End2end

Postby End2end » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:21 pm

waz wrote:Hope all this meets with your approval.

It doesn't have to...RULE NUMBER 1 stands and negates any of our approval. :mrgreen:
I must say thats the first time I've seen greenery added to the face of the platforms. I really like it! :D
Thanks
End2end

Edit: I just noticed you have the same GWR benches as I have got but I haven't made mine up yet. Were they difficult to build?
Welcome‎
Planning
Building

Dublo

Postby Dublo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Nice looking station you've got going there Bill. Ssssh! don't mention to much stock. I think most of us are in that particular club.

waz

Postby waz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi End2End.
The GWR benches are simple. Just do as it says in the instructions. What it dosen't say is don't have a can of beer before you start. Bes of luck with them.
Best Regards
BILL.

waz

Postby waz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi Chaps!

I'm going to try to put up a video. If it is sucsesfull then take note that most of the stuff has just been plonked down (appart from the station etc) as I found them in boxes under the layout from God knows when. Hope the YouTube link works.

https://youtu.be/ciwSLQmTGg0
Yip! Loads of clikerty-clack.
To all those who took time out to look. Many Thanks.

With my best regards

BILL.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:31 pm

waz wrote:Sorry Bufferstop but I don't understand what you mean? What attachments tab? Where?

My Best Regards
BILL.

Scroll down while you are editing a post. In the panel below you'll see tabs for options/attachments. Attachments invites you to "add files" navigate to the file you want and open it, then click where you want it(usually the end of what you've just typed, then click "paste in line".

waz

Postby waz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi Buffrestop!
Many thanks for your explanation.

BILL.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:50 pm

There's an easy way if you have a decent sized desktop and can see to edit in your browser and look for files on the desktop at the same time, but placement can be a bit hairy. Just drag a picture file from the desktop into the editing space and its name should appear in the attachments then do the place in line bit to get it where you want it to appear. It sometimes goes awry and you end up with the picture twice or at the bottom of the message.

End2end

Postby End2end » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:32 pm

waz wrote:The GWR benches are simple. Just do as it says in the instructions.

Thanks Bill. ;)
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”