Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
waz

Re: Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Postby waz » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:24 pm

Hi Chaps!!

Well here we go again. A new layout. I say new but it will probably be the same track formation of my old Lilford Park as that gets the best out of the space I have. It must be real because I've just taken delivery of a bit of new track. I'll give you more info shortly. Got an oval on the main board which I have been testing the locos on and it inspred me a little so I pained the attic room then one thing led to another. You know how it goes.

I've been out of the game so long all my free web space for photos and videos have lapsed. Can some one recommend a site?
Don't expect too much too soon.

My Very Best Regard to you all.
BILL.

End2end

Postby End2end » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:27 pm

waz wrote:I've been out of the game so long all my free web space for photos and videos have lapsed. Can some one recommend a site?

As fate would have it, I have been scouring the net for a free file host for the last 48 hours, forgetting that I have a mediafire account.
After much searching I found mediafire to give the most free (50gb) storage. Most free hosts are way below unless you initiate advertising etc.
Not sure if you can link pictures to the forum from it though.
www.mediafire.com
Hope it helps.
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi Bill,

I use the much cursed, but actually reliable Photobucket.
They still have photos of mine back to 2008 !! At one time I went to Imageshack because Photobucket
was playing up and being mucked about. Imageshack then went 'pay' only and after a year, or so have
removed access to all my files there. I now have threads where the photos no longer link.

You need to sort that - I'd like to see the 'action' !! 'Tis said a picture is worth a thousand words and
for me to type a thousand words I'd loose a whole evening !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

waz

Postby waz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi Chaps!!

Thanks for that Geoff T. Just got photobucket and realised that it was what I used in the past. Shure enough, as you said, it had all my stuff on. Spent the morning going through and deleating. Don't know how much room there is on there but it tells me I have used 10/0percent but of what I don't know. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

My very best regards

BILL.

waz

Postby waz » Thu May 05, 2016 11:21 am

Hi Chaps!

Well i'm up and sort of running. Just testing the track and I have problems on a bend over my drop down flap but i'll soon have it sorted. It's nothing special, just the old DC stuff iv'e had for the past ten years or so. Looks like it might be fun for an old geezer on his own. I never realized how time passed so quickly when I was up there in the train room. It must have been a godsend to my late wife to have me out of the way for so long. I'll post some pics in a while when I've made more progress.

My very best regards

Bill.

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:57 am

Yep Bill,

Time for a few new pictures .........
Whenever I note I.O.M it takes me back to the '60's cycle racing around the TT circuit.
Hell I'd have to walk up the mountains now, racing up them a definite No, No !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

waz

Postby waz » Fri May 06, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi Geoff!

So a cyclist in the 60s. Me too! Had some great times at youth hostles in Yorkshire, Derbishire and Wales when I lived over there. I think that's what kept me away from motorbikes,never did like them much. Lived here since 1975 and never seen the TT yet. Get you some pics soon.

My best regards
BILL.

waz

Postby waz » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:50 am

Hi Chaps!
Well i'm sort of up and running. I had to take up my first effort due to bad workmanship or just loosing the knack after all these years. I tried to use the old configuration of Liford Park but it was a disaster. I took a piece out of the baseboard a while back so I could open the door fully which left me about six inches short of space in one corner on a bend. This squezed the configuration into something unaceptable by the time I had got to the inner (third) running track. So I started again and just made two 10ft 6in ovals with two passing loops. A bit boaring but at least I can run a few trains round.

Just uploaded a couple of pics to Photobucket and then I realised I had forgoten how to link them to the forum. I'm sure I'll work it out eventualy.

I could do with a new Ringfield motor for my Black Five. Any ideas?

Best Regards

BILL.

waz

Postby waz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:48 am

Hi Chaps!

I want to upload some pics and it's so long since I did it that I have forgoten how to go about it. I found that my Photobucket account is still there and I uploaded some stuff. If someone can help me I can fill you in on the latest with some pics. I still have a long way to go but slowly but surely I'm sort of getting there.

CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?

My Best Regards

BILL.

End2end

Postby End2end » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:53 am

Copy the link from photobucket for the picture. Reply to this message as you would posting in the forum.
Click on the Img button above the text box when your replying. Add link inbetween the middle brackets
"[ img ] COPY LINK HERE [ / img ]"
Not sure if the coding will change my message but I'll edit if not
Hope it helps
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

waz

Postby waz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi End2end!

Thanks for the instant responce that's very good of you.

Got to go down to the shops right now I'll attempt to fathom it out from your instructions when I get back.
Thanks again.

Bill.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi Bill, the problem with Photobucket is their annoying habit of altering the steps to get from upload to "in your library" with the necessary links in a panel on right of screen. They seem to do it to make you see whatever it is they are pushing at the mo. You can just drag the files from your desktop into the upload box, If you like to have your piccy displayed without having to click a link, click on the IMG link, the bottom one, to copy it. It even comes with the tags already in place, but they wrap it in a pair of URL tags which allow all and sundry to browse the folder in which the piccies are stored. Once I've pasted it into the editor I just delete the whole of the first line up to but not including the opening IMG tag, then delete the closing URL tag from the end of the second line.

John W

PS if you want Admin's bonus points (totally worthless) go into PB's editor and set the default size for streaming to 800 x 600, it helps keep down the board's storage requirements.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

waz

Postby waz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi Chaps!

Just trying to post pics. This is just a trial.

Bill

[img][url=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Robin61/media/Train%20New%20011.jpg.html][IMG]

waz

Postby waz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Sorry. It's got me going. Time for a tin of John Smiths.

I just want to put one pic on a page, not the full lot. This is what getting old dose to you.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Bill.

roganty

Postby roganty » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:01 pm

waz wrote:Hi Chaps!

Just trying to post pics. This is just a trial.

Bill

[img][url=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Robin61/media/Train%20New%20011.jpg.html][IMG]

waz wrote:Sorry. It's got me going. Time for a tin of John Smiths.

I just want to put one pic on a page, not the full lot. This is what getting old dose to you.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Bill.

Bill, you weren't that far out

Code: Select all

[url=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Robin61/media/Train%20New%20011.jpg.html]
[img]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/Robin61/Train%20New%20011.jpg[/img]
[/url]

On the page for the photo, on the right hand side is a box called Share this Photo
You want the box that is called img
Click
Then just paste it where you want it in the post.

Anthony

*edit: Look's like you got that bit sorted, it's just the code on the forum you're having issues with.

PS. Nice looking update.
Last edited by roganty on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main Layout: Planning | The Build

Erikslund - a small shunting layout

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”