Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Dad-1

Re: Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Postby Dad-1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:24 pm

An 'S' type ehh, very nice, enjoy.
Still look over the layout from time to time, perhaps you should just try doing something .... one small step and all that.
Try to be back again before 2013 !

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

waz

Postby waz » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:53 pm

HI !!
Quite right Geoff, just one small step. BTW the S type is 10years old and only 27000miles runs like a dollar watch.

Thanks for the post.

BILL.

sishades

Postby sishades » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome back Bill, good to have you back again.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

waz

Postby waz » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi Sishades!!
Nice to be back. Might stay a while. Thanks. They were good days back then.

BILL.

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Good to see you busy and keeping out of mischief!

Like Geoff said, perhaps dip your toe in the water sometime?

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:21 am

Welcome home Bill. I too have an unfinished layout - the excuse being ..... no excuse!

Good to hear about the stories - all animated?

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

waz

Postby waz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 am

Hi Chaps !!!!

Thanks for the kind words.
Andrew--- No not all animated. Doubt I could go through all that again.

My Very Best regards

Bill.

waz

Postby waz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:39 am

Hi Chaps !!!!

I just droped in to see how you were all going on. It's only been four years since the last time. I'm not sure if any of you remember me. I'm looking for some inspiration to get going again. I seem to have something similar to writers block and it's really getting to me. I need to, at least, put a bit of track down to test the locovotives. They have'nt been run for over eighteen months. All twenty of them are safely stored as is all the rolling stock. After loosing my wife five years ago I just can't seem to get going and I do so want to. The amount of model railway gear in my train room is mad and it's not getting used. It really is getting me down and no, I don't want to get rid I want to use it. You all might think I'm balmy writing this and maybe it's my way of letting off steam ( no pun intended). Ten years ago you all inspired me create a great layout (there may still be some video left on this post, I havn't looked yet) and I would like to get back to it in some way. I could say "please help a desparate man" but I won't. It's all down to me and my mindset. Sorry about my rantings.
To any of you who remember me I hope you are all well and that life is treating you well.
Sishades. Your team has come a long way since my last post. They will make it over the line in the end.

My Regards to you all

Bill.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Bill I do recognise most of the names from previous posts, Geoff-T probably being the most active of them. Last year we ran some competitions to get ourselves committed to starting and finishing things, there should be one along sometime soon, why not have a go. Check out the competitions forum to see what went on.
Nice to have you back
John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

grippets

Postby grippets » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi Bill,

nice to see you on the forum again. I'm a lot like you at the moment I don't get on here as much as I would like and I've got a layout started in the loft which has taken about 3 years to get some track down and which I'm not really happy with so it's stalled. hopefully we can both find the enthusiasm to get going again soon.

all the best mate

regards Dean.
Follow me on Instagram @deanstreetstation

pointstaken

Postby pointstaken » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 pm

Some of the old hands are still around. Nice to see some of those old names still current.

On a sadder note, I lost my wife of over 40 years about 6 months ago. Model railways have kept my sanity and provided a reason for pushing on, so perhaps making an effort in this direction may help.

Dennis
I know nothing, but much I believe

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Of course we remember waz !!

As is always said, the first step is the hardest .... you've done that by posting again.
Next step - something happening !!

Dennis,

Didn't know that, life must be quite lonely now. Glad to see the modelling gave something
to cling to during what must still be a dark valley. You remind me of how lucky I am to
have my wife of 48 years ..... In the other room watching telly !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

waz

Postby waz » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:55 am

Hi Chaps !!

How absolutely wonderful to hear from you all and thanks for all the encouragement and taking time out to post. It's a bit like a reunion of the A team except we are all a bit further down the line with reguards to our age and experience of life. Just at this moment I want to go up to the train room and make a start but I know I must do the housework. The train room needs a coat of paint before I lay one single piece of track. It won't take long but it has to be done. Lets just see how we go.

DENNIS.
I am so sorry to herar about your sad loss. Belive me when I say I know exactly how you must feel. In my case this hang up about my railway has been brought on by my loss. So quite the opposite to you. You are doing the right thing by cracking on which is what I should be doing. Good luck and I do hope to here from you soon.

DEAN.
Great to hear from you after all this time I hope all is well with you and the family. It's good that you are still making an effort with the modeling even if it is taking some while. It's more than I'm achieving at the moment. My best wishes to you and yours.

GEOFF T

Thanks for taking time out to post. Yes the next thing should be something happening. Lets hope.

My Best Regard to you all.

BILL.

pointstaken

Postby pointstaken » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:31 pm

To be honest lads, I have lived in my house for nearly 40 years, and I have had a great deal of support from my neighbours, both socially and emotionally, for which I am profoundly grateful.

Geoff T - The wife WATCHING TELLY ??? disgraceful - why isn't she on the layout ballasting, instead of wasting time on the goggle box ?

On a serious and sensible note, try to cultivate hobbies and interests, and above all, try to mix with other people and interests. It won't cure the pain and sense of loss, but it will go some way to alleviating it. As a niece and also a friend, who have both lost their husbands at about 60, time will ease it, and the one who has gone would not want you to be lonely.

Kind and sincere regards to all of you,

Dennis
I know nothing, but much I believe

sishades

Postby sishades » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:24 am

Yup...the footie team are doing me proud at the moment. Seems like a good dream that I may wake up from.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”