Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
chrisalddin

Postby chrisalddin » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:20 pm

me my self " i just don't do inclines"

inclines are for ppl who can do it on a straight line not going around the bends like i have to to have one!

so there just not for me!
This Hobby is going to make me pennyless :wink: :roll:
My layout. Lots of work done update 29/2/2008 New img's!

sanctuary

Postby sanctuary » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:21 pm

You've seen my inclines all of them are steep, it just means I have to be selective with the locos and loads they pull on the branchline which adds to the pleasure. The loco that performs best is the class 20 Bachmann, I video-ed some tests I did with different locos here I hope its of some use to you.

The first loco was a Bachmann 0-6-0 diesel

The 2nd was a Hornby tank with traction wheels (this surprised me at the time as its a very light weight loco)

Of course the last one was the class 20 which had no problems as all the wheels are driven by the motor and it's heavy.
Tight Lines Aidan

Linka to Pawford Layout

waz

Postby waz » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:56 am

Hi Chaps !!!!

Once again, thanks for your input into my dilema.

I think the only way to go is to suck it and see. I can disconnect the track and add a bit more then raise it to my required height and test it with a few locos. That way I will be sure before I make any perminent alterations.

As I said, it's just that with the present configuration I am loosing alot of running space.

Once again, thanks for all your input.

My Very Best Regards

Bill.

B@rney

Postby B@rney » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:43 pm

sanctuary wrote:
Of course the last one was the class 20 which had no problems as all the wheels are driven by the motor and it's heavy.

Its a real loco isnt it.. you were actually in a helicopter :)

chrisalddin

Postby chrisalddin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:23 pm

B@rney wrote:
sanctuary wrote:

Its a real loco isnt it.. you were actually in a helicopter :)

lol you get to Run part of the rail network for one day and pick the loco used! lol good one lol
This Hobby is going to make me pennyless :wink: :roll:

My layout. Lots of work done update 29/2/2008 New img's!

waz

Postby waz » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:55 am

Hi Chaps !!

Just checking in to let you know I'm still in the model railway business.

I sat with a few pints yesterday and pondered on the possibilities for "Lilford 2" (working title).

After checking, I find that the majority of the old park will fit in the centre as before so that's a job less. I ask you to use the railway modellers gift of imagination on this photo.

The park will be situated in the centre of the shot with a road all around and some car parking for the station, which, as the rest, is only blocked in as an idea. There will be a road bridge over the three lines leading to the branchline station and sidings from the town. This road will also lead to some housing along the left hand side. You will see this if you watch the video.

The two sidings will have to be altered as there is sod all room for much there at the moment. I am in desparate need of some right hand points. I might even have to spend some money :lol:

I don't know whether to build my own station platforms or buy Metcalfe. As the track is now, one end will have to taper away at one end and I don't want to alter the track as it will tighten the radi in that part.

Anyway. Just another photo and a bit of video I took just for the sake of doing it. Know what I mean :wink: All the track bed has to be cut out yet but untill it is finalised I'm leaving it for a while.

Hope this doesn't boar you all.

My Very Best Regards

BILL.

TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Postby TerryB » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:38 pm

:lol: Looking forward to seeing it take shape Bill ............keep us posted. :wink:
best regards
Terry
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?

TOM M

Re: Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Postby TOM M » Mon May 12, 2008 9:23 pm

hi bill its tom again sorry to keep on bothering you but i just wanted to ask about the red lms loco
what is it and when are you gonna post an update i really wanna see what youve been doin

thanx
tom
my layout
viewtopic.php?t=11560
i must admit i did it

waz

Postby waz » Fri May 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi Tom and all of you !!!

First Tom--- I have three maroon LMS locomotives. A Jinty (Triang) A Jubilee Class,"Leander" and a Corronation Class "Duchess of Sutherland". If you can point me to where on my thread you have seen it I can tell you better.

Right, and update that isn't. Over the past year and a half I have been loosing a bit of interest in the railway. But at the same time I have'nt. I know it sounds odd but I wanted to crack on but could'nt find the enthusiasm. For the past two and a half years I have suffered a cateract on my lefy eye, I had one removed from my right eye six years ago. It's hard to explain to any one who has not had this problem, those of you who have know what I mean. Try putting a boiled sweet wrapper( a clear one) over one eye and thats what it's like. Anyway, at last I am rid of it as of two days ago. I have just been up to the train room and it is now the world that I was used to when I first started. Quite frankly I did'nt realise my sight was that bad so I'm rairing to go once my eye has settled down. Today I drove my nice big motor properly for the first time since I got it in October last year. A total joy !!!!!

I ripped up what I thought I really wanted after Lilford Park as it was too boaring and not origilnal enough as a track plan. I then planed an up and over track but faffed about for the last three months due to lack of motivation. Now it seems as if it may just be back. In a couple or three weeks I WILL be making a start on the layout come what may.

I will be ordering up some new track in the next few days and despite what I have said about inclines I'm going to have a couple.

My Very Best Regards To Each and Every One Of You,

BILL.

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Fri May 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Its good to hear from you Bill

I hope the Eye sorts itself out quickly

Lofty

santene

Postby santene » Fri May 16, 2008 5:33 pm

ah well theres a time in everyones life when his mind changes
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

anyone got n gauge track i can buy

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Sun May 18, 2008 11:30 pm

Hi Bill

Don't tend to get on here as much as before so good to hear you have got the eye sorted and inspiration is returning.

Am hoping to start laying track next weekend but who knows!

All the best.

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

sanctuary

Postby sanctuary » Mon May 19, 2008 12:50 am

Hi Bill good to read you've got your eye sorted and the enthusiasm has returned, I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
Tight Lines Aidan

Linka to Pawford Layout

Ijdagger

Postby Ijdagger » Mon May 19, 2008 9:37 am

Nice to see you got your enthisiasm back,

Looks like there will a very good lilford 2.

I for one will be pleased to see the progression and also lots of pics and videos.

waz

Postby waz » Mon May 19, 2008 10:13 am

Hi Andrew-Aidan and Ian and the rest of you.

Thank you all for your kind words. Ian, I hope your life is settling down a little. It really is good to here from you again.

Not wanting to bang on too much about a simple cataract opperation ( i had my right eye done six years ago) I want to try to explain to you all just how I feel and the result I got.

Four days before the opperation I could read the eye chart with my left eye down to the third line. That's about six letters the size of a football pitch. The nurse took off my dressing the day after the opp and said everithing would be blured. Ten minutes later I went in to see the surgeon and read the eye chart down to next to the bottom line without my glasses. I don't know who was more suprised, me or the surgeon. I haven't worn my glasses since last Thursday. Unfortunately having a cateract removed does not improve my spelling.

I will be back to the layout in the next couple of weeks or sooner. I bought some wood to make a start on the inclines the other day so slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

My Very Best Regards To You All.

BILL ( without glasses)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”