Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
waz

Postby waz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:43 pm

Hi again Chaps!

Here are a couple more videos of the layout. I post these because it's far easier to give an overall view of the layout. Just like most of you who are stuck in the loft or the attic it is difficult to get the full picture with photos. Admittedly the quality is nothing like as good as photos but I think it is a reasonable trade off. Having said that, sorry about the dark image on the one following the Black 5.

As you can see, there is a mountain of work to do on it. All the green and black stuff on the baseboard is from the last layout. I hope to put housing stock and a park there.

As always, comments, crits and suggestions are more than welcome as I am in no bursting hurry to get it finished.

I hope you like them and I promise not to post any more videos for a while as I am sure I'm boring the pant's off you all.

As always, thanks for taking time out to view my humble efforts. Image Image

BILL.

Derek

Postby Derek » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:24 pm

Brilliant videos Bill, they give a great impression of your layout :D

And I see you got the background sheets sorted out :wink:

Derek

mikem

Postby mikem » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:54 pm

Definitely more exciting than still photo's Bill :)
Will I ever open all these red and yellow boxes?

waz

Postby waz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:22 pm

Thanks lads!

Derek! Yeh sorted the backgrounds. Wallpaper paste onto hardboard. Hardboard onto wall with mainly Sticky Fixers except at the back where the roof slopes. 1/2 inch screws there and on the corner. Unfortunatly I have'nt got enough. I need to order 2 or 3 more. Thanks for the comment.

Mikem! Yeh. You can see what I mean by getting a fuller picture. I'll do some more in a few days time despite what I said in the post. There is a Velox window in the roof. That faces south so the natural light comes in there. I think the camera over compensates for it and closes the shutter more than it should. I think it's best when it's dark. It seems to work better. It's a shame I couldn't upload all of the first video I put on. It took me 20 hours to make and I had so much fun making it. You can only see the first 3 mins of it but it runs for 7 1/2 mins and I assure you it isn't boring.

So you see, I get a double pleasure from my railway. Sorry to go on but it is fun.

Thank you both for taking time to look and send me feed back it realy is gratifying. (Not done a spellcheck on this one. You'd never think I was a published author. My smelling is awful.)

Regards
BILL.

Ijdagger

Postby Ijdagger » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:29 pm

I had thought about getting backgrounds but not to sure as yet, may leave them till later!!!

Its nice to see locos in action instead of just pictures, i too recently found that i could upload videos to photobucket so i`m sure we will see lots more from other people soon. So long as it doesnt overload the website shouldnt be a problem, correct me if it doesnt make a blind bit of difference?

waz

Postby waz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:38 pm

Hi Ij!!

No, I don't think it makes any diff. The video is loaded and run from Photobucket web site. Then, I to could be wrong.

BILL.

grippets

Postby grippets » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:35 pm

Nice vids bill, i didn't see ur trains stop or derail once :D
Follow me on Instagram @deanstreetstation

waz

Postby waz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:18 pm

Hi Grippets!!

No. They're no supposed to. Actually thats why I'm taking my time with it. The more I run it the more I find out about the rails. I find that Flexitrack shifts when there are joints on a bend so I'm constantly adjusting some parts of the track. The Black 5 decided to derail on a bend joint today. Just a fraction of adjustment made it right. I'm not clever, just observant.

Many thanks for your interest. I am indeed honoured to be patronised by such a great model railway builder. That is not ment to be sarcastic. I mean what I said.

Regards
BILL.

TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Postby TerryB » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:52 pm

Hi Bill...excellent vids ....nice layout too....looking forward to the next lot.
Terry
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?

waz

Postby waz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:10 pm

Hi TerryB!!!

Thanks for looking and your kind and encouraging comments. Also thank you for being the one hundredth person to take time out to look at my thread since 2.30 this afternoon. I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!

I hope to post a vid which will be a compleat update in itself. I can only upload 3mins of video at a time so bare with me. Took some good stuff late this afternoon in better light so I have something to work with plus some older stuff and pics plus a bit of archive film of the real thing (Jubilee class Leander). I'll stitch something together in the next few days if I can but the wife is off work for 4 days so I have other things to do as well.

Thanks for your interest and taking time out to look. Sorry I can't give you anything for being the hundredth.

REGARDS
BILL.

waz

Postby waz » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:16 pm

Hi Chaps!!

Well, this is it, Bill's New Extension " The Movie"

I hope it tells the story of the pleasure of my first layout, although not compleated, and the aftermath of the disaster I had.

You will see photos of the extension with 2 rails running over the drop down flap and an inner oval, left from the old layout.

The ripping up of the track gave me a blank canvas to work with which I covered with as much track as I could not leaving much room for furnishings. But then the longer it takes a train to go round the curcuit the better I like it. Still, each to his own.

I enjoyed the day making it and I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labours. It isn't the best that I have done by a long way but, the restriction of 3 mins is tight.

The music track is "Sleepwalk" by The Ventures. Those of you of a certain age may have heard of them. ( I usualy use a piece of classical stuff but could'nt find one short enough)

The live steam is by Jubilee Class "Leander."

To those of you who take time out to view, I thank you.
I Hope you enjoy.

Regards

BILL.

grippets

Postby grippets » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:32 pm

Great movie Bill, i liked it alot :D
Follow me on Instagram @deanstreetstation

Raider

Postby Raider » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:37 pm

Great movie Bill - looks like you can run nice long trains!!

Ijdagger

Postby Ijdagger » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:51 pm

nice video liked it a lot

ledgero2

Postby ledgero2 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:53 pm

superb videos, looks a great layout. in that last movie the "live steam" was a nice touch.
One day i'll fall out of the clouds and build a layout!!

http://adam-ledger.fotopic.net -my photo site

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”