Bill's New Extension. ----Update.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
waz

Postby waz » Thu May 10, 2007 9:11 am

Hi Terry B !!!!

Thanks for the comments. Didn't realise the videos loaded that slowy.

The town is quite close up to the front of the layout. It's easy to move buildings etc to get at stuff. I also stand on an alluminium photographic case if I need to get further in. Also the park is removeable and I can kneel on that part to get at the station if need be. Hope that explains things.

Once again, thanks.

My very Best Regards

BILL.

sas

Postby sas » Thu May 10, 2007 9:28 am

i did not have time to make a drink the vid played strat away for me
had one after to celabrate your succsess on your layout
nice vid

waz

Postby waz » Thu May 10, 2007 11:56 am

Hi SAS !!!

Glad you liked the video. I bet it wasn't as good a the drink though :wink:

My Best Regards

BILL.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu May 10, 2007 1:54 pm

Hi Bill!

Just sat down with a refreshing cuppa after a morning of metal cutting and bonding (what fun...not! :evil: ) to make mi' power-box. Yet again, I feel refreshed an invigourated by the great videos. Love the lack of editing, as I felt like I was actually there :wink:

Really enjoyed the opening shot panning out from the bus! And I like the brafty 'pan-left' whilst the HST was given a litte help :lol: Very live TV "It'll be Alright on the Night"-esque if you know what I mean!

That room always makes me think how lucky you are to have a room that's small enough that you feel comfy yet with loads of room to do what you need to. I think this is why we like your set up so much: there's so many aspects of it that appeal. Perhaps you should try teaching "Model Railway Feng Shui?" :lol:

Cheers mate

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Postby TerryB » Thu May 10, 2007 3:00 pm

waz wrote:Hi Terry B !!!!

Thanks for the comments. Didn't realise the videos loaded that slowy.

The town is quite close up to the front of the layout. It's easy to move buildings etc to get at stuff. I also stand on an alluminium photographic case if I need to get further in. Also the park is removeable and I can kneel on that part to get at the station if need be. Hope that explains things.

Once again, thanks.

My very Best Regards

BILL.

Ahh :) .........so thats how its done,if I tried to stand on anything I'd bang me head on the roof tiles :roll: ......no prob about the speed matey,I'd just got in from the pub and fancied another pint and a sarnie ....t'was better than watching telly too :wink:
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?

waz

Postby waz » Thu May 10, 2007 9:08 pm

Tim my old son !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the great reply !!!!! You don't miss a trick do you? ( the HST stalling on the points then it stops on the dropdown because I have the points against it ) cunning sod :wink:

Yeh the room is small but I tried to make the most of it. Doreen is reconcyled to the fact that I will be going through the wall into the next room eventualy but slowy, slowly catch e monkey !!!!!!!

Thanks mate.
My Very Best Regards

BILL.

waz

Postby waz » Thu May 10, 2007 9:10 pm

Hi Terry B !!!!!

Yeh !!!!!!! So do I.

My Very Best Regards

BILL.

waz

Postby waz » Thu May 10, 2007 9:33 pm

Hi Chaps !!!!!!!

It's me again, nutty Bill.

Dropped the wife off at work this afternoon and took the camera with me to catch the 2.15 on it's way to Douglas ( about 15 miles)

Didn't photograph the station sign at Port Erin but thats where it sets out from.

Port St. Mary is my home village by the way. Coarse it started to hiss down but onward and upward. The trouble I go to to give you stuff ( boaring as it is)

Anyway I though it may be a change from the usual.

Most of the stock is 100 years old plus a bit. It runs a regular service for eight months a year. I think there are about 14 locomotives in all. Anyway, see what you think.

It might be reasonable in full screen. Try it.

It was going to be a quick hours job but in the end it was seven hour including uploading it. ( what a martyr I am :wink: )

My Very Besr Regard To You All

BILL.

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Thu May 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Very very nice Bill,

And I thought you just had a little railway in your house :wink:

Lofty

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Thu May 10, 2007 9:46 pm

What an excellent video Bill :D . I love the No 12 "Hutchinson" loco, I'm not normally into puffers but I really liked that loco 8) An excellent video Bill, as always.

Keep the excellent work up 8)

BR

waz

Postby waz » Thu May 10, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi Loty !!!!!!

Thanks mate glad you liked the video.

Just wanted to show Tim ( Infrontcat) that if you're going to have an outside railway have a bigun.

British Rail !!!!!!!

I really am glad you liked the video :) Thanks for your coments.

My Very Best Regards

BILL.

live-frog

Postby live-frog » Fri May 11, 2007 9:45 am

Great video of the IOM steam loco Bill. Last time i went to the IOM I think I managed to cover every mile of track & tramway! Delightful place
- for me 'lost in time'.

Good 'raw' videos of Lilford also & no derailments !
Best wishes

Ron

waz

Postby waz » Fri May 11, 2007 9:59 am

Hi Ron !!!!
Nice to here from you !!

Glad you liked the videos. Sorry there were no derailments. I'll see what I can do for you next time.

Last time i went to the IOM I think I managed to cover every mile of track & tramway!

That's more than I've ever done and I've been here for 30 years. May be some day?

My Very Best Regards

BILL.

FishBowlMan

Postby FishBowlMan » Fri May 11, 2007 3:28 pm

Lovely videos, Bill. Many thanks for posting them for us.

Glad to see there were no derailments on the IOM as well :D

John.
There is no room inside a box.

waz

Postby waz » Fri May 11, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi John !!!!

I'm glad you liked the video. Somewhat of a change I thought. My wife thinks it's wonderful which is very unusual.

Derailments.......... Just as a point of interest to boar you even more. About six years or so ago the Manx government decided to instal a totally new effluent system. I'll not go into that save to say it was and still is a massive project. It meanrt laying new sewer pipes througt the island ( 36miles x 15 miles). Seeing as how they own the land on which the track is laid they ripped it all up, laid the sewers and then laid brand new track. so no more derailments ( yes there have been a coulpe). No, I don't think they used flexi track :wink: . I believe the journey from Port Erin to Douglas is as smooth as silk even with the 100 year + old carriages they use.

Just thought I'd mention it.

My Best Regards and Thanks

BILL.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”