Hm it smells I think theres an update on Rhys' Sewer Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
dr5euss

Postby dr5euss » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:12 pm

Narrow gauge railway use all sorts of couplings - whenever locos visit at a Gala from one line to the other the workshops are always kept bust the evening before making stepped couplers for different heights and different ended couplers for different types.

I guess that's where narrow gauge modelling definitely does match the prototype - there is no standard coupling :)

My very best regards,

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi Rhys,

Totally outstanding mate, its coming along nicely and i like the added touches such as the handrails on the loco.
8)
Best Regards

Adam

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:23 pm

Hi

Well class 60 has took the words from my mouth very outstanding detail love you work :wink:

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Sunshine In The Lakes <<<<< Old layout no more

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44159 <<<<< Back to the Lakes (New Layout 2013)

zabdiel

Postby zabdiel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:33 pm

Nice! What did you use for the exhaust?

John

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:45 pm

Nice loco Rhys! The weathering looks great, the bend in the exhaust is a ncie touch :wink:
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5360&p=215267#p215267

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:40 pm

Hello there fellas, I hope you are all well, firstly I would like to thank you all for your lovely comments! John - the exhaust is made from a normal straw from Tesco, hope this helps. I have been quite productive tonight - I have turned the shed upside down and found the varnish and added little blobs where appropriate to make the poo look realistic! I have put a tadge more hanging basket liner down and theres a little secret I'm working on too! All will be revealed in the next update with pictures of course! Another thing I want to mention is when we move house the missus has said I can have the garage! This means I can extend all of my layouts and can build even more *coughs O gauge, G gauge*! I'm going to have one wall for a workbench as I shall be stripping the kitchen and putting a new one in so I can use the old worktops and cupboards!

Kindest Regards,

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:19 pm

Right fellas, you know my On30 loco? I have shortened the exhaust, and now I'm going to add some extra details to it now so when they're finished I shall post you all some pictures up okay! I'm in two minds whether to cut the rear wall of the cab out or not?

Rhys

British Rail

Re: Hm it smells I think theres an update on Rhys' Sewer Railway

Postby British Rail » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:59 pm

I was clearing out the garage today and found this little layout and decided to 'bin it'. This was more of a tester in On30 I guess and always was going to be, rather than a layout however, I am thinking of making a small boxfile layout in On30 or Gn15 to feed the narrow gauge appetite! Thanks for all your support and kind comments along the way and encouraging me with the layout.

My very best regards.
Rhys.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”