Hm it smells I think theres an update on Rhys' Sewer Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Honeywell

Postby Honeywell » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:15 pm

HTH = Hope That Helps

or

Hope This Helps

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:19 pm

For those young lads out there, touching hedgehogs could cause you to get a small *word censored*, it could cause irritation.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:37 pm

Thanks Rich, sorry about that Mart - I thought you knew what "HTH" standed for, it must be very effective if your daughter thought it was real poo 8) . Hi Simon I used Peco 0-16.5 track (On30 track), very chunky sleepers, I'm going to be building all rolling stock, locos, wagons, the lot to save money, I also enjoy doing that sort of thing.

Thanks guys,

Rhys

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:39 pm

It is convincing..........

tinsleytmd

Postby tinsleytmd » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:51 pm

Minta sounds good Rhys never really seen the 0-15.5 track.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:02 pm

Right guys, I've been working an a wagon the past few night's but haven't told you about it, I'll post some pics up some time.

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:40 pm

Over the past week I've been working on a Thwaites dumper truck and here are some pictures of how I'm getting on and some pictures of the prototype.

http://www.ingr.co.uk/images/honister07.jpg
http://www.thwaitesdumpers.co.uk/ihb6.php
http://www.thwaitesdumpers.co.uk/ihb10.php

The donor chassis is a Bedford Ql, I chose this chassis because it shares some qualities the Thwaites dumper does,

Here the bumper and some of the frame has been constructed,

here we can see the cab starting to take shape, (this is the stage I'm at, at the moment)

Comments and critiscm welcome as always,

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:22 pm

Hay guys, I've not done much lately due to lots of work to do, I've ordered my sleeper grime from Howes yesterday, later when I get time I'm going to order some Noch wild grass. My special sewage mix has now fully dried, I have many different shades of brown ready (waiting for the sleeper grime though), firstly I'm going to spray the whole thing in S.G. then touch raised areas with a lighter shade of brown etc etc. I'm going to order some O trees for the woodland area, I'll put a diagram up a bit later of my plan.

Thanks fellas,

Rhys
Last edited by British Rail on Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:40 pm

Well heres the plan, not the full one but it's a 5 minute sketch on paint. The green spray dots are the trees, thee orange line is the tunnel portal, the road over bridge is obvious, the yellow part in the fiddle yards are for temporary stays e.g., next train out, green ones are for long time stay, blue and red are a little shorter etc.

Rhys

cold-ash

Postby cold-ash » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:38 pm

Looks good Rhys. I've long been a fan of smaller, simple plans rather than complicate things with miles of trackwork!
Cheers, Sam

URZ

My blog - http://cold-ash.blogspot.com/ Updated 20/06/07

My Fotopic - http://coldashsphotos.fotopic.net/ slowly being updated.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:36 pm

Well it's been a long while, so here's an update for you all. I've been working on a little bit of vegetation and have been scratchbuilding two wagons from Balsa and card. You will notice the wagons don't have couplings but this will be sorted when I decide on a height when I build my fleet of locos.

Comments and critiscm welcome as always,

Rhys

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:16 pm

Looking superb mate, really does - like the vegetation in the corner! it definately adds to it and works well with that thwaites dumper truck :wink:

The wagons are a great touch too, will look forward to the scratch built locos :wink: have you thought about what kits your using yet?

Cheers Rhys

Adam

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:19 pm

The layout is really turning out to be different from any others ive seen but its fantastic :wink:

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Sunshine In The Lakes <<<<< Old layout no more

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44159 <<<<< Back to the Lakes (New Layout 2013)

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:40 pm

Nice work! The truck looks quite tricky to build but you've done a top job!
Those wagons look great, I like how they're buckled and damaged like that.

Great work Rhys!
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5360&p=215267#p215267

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:58 pm

Class 60 wrote:Looking superb mate, really does - like the vegetation in the corner! it definately adds to it and works well with that thwaites dumper truck :wink:

The wagons are a great touch too, will look forward to the scratch built locos :wink: have you thought about what kits your using yet?

Cheers Rhys

Adam

Adam I don't use kits I scratchbuild :wink: ! Thanks for your lovely comments guys, honestly, I really do appreciate it. The Thwaites dumper is coming on - I've constructed one side, put a roof on, added a floor etc.

Rhys

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”