Hm it smells I think theres an update on Rhys' Sewer Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
British Rail

Postby British Rail » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:54 pm

I have a little question - When I build my track I'm going to use balsa wood for the sleepers but my question is how the hell am I going to make the rail joiners to join the track onto the sleepers?

Help very much appreciated,

Rhys

cold-ash

Postby cold-ash » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:11 pm

I think you glue track to sleepers, then buy cosmetic chairs which in turn glue on. Or have I misread?
Cheers, Sam

URZ

My blog - http://cold-ash.blogspot.com/ Updated 20/06/07

My Fotopic - http://coldashsphotos.fotopic.net/ slowly being updated.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:25 pm

Will a standard Hornby controller be okay? Oh and by the way guys I'm going for track plan 1 but turned upside down.

Rhys

cold-ash

Postby cold-ash » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:38 pm

I couldn't see why not. Possibly be an idea to check the electrical bumf about the loco though.

I'm sure Doc will know more.
Cheers, Sam

URZ

My blog - http://cold-ash.blogspot.com/ Updated 20/06/07

My Fotopic - http://coldashsphotos.fotopic.net/ slowly being updated.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:43 pm

........exactly what I was thinking. Better book an apointment with the Doctor :lol:

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:31 pm

I have just purchased my track from Gaugemaster so it should be here on Tuesday.

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi fellas, I'm going to be scratchbuilding a fleet of Schöma locos with plasticard and balsa. For some reason, when I first 'got into' Narrow Gauge and started searching around the net I found a Schöma loco on Hatfield peat works and had a soft spot for it. So now I'm in the big gauges I just have to build some. I'm watching a chassis on eBay so hopefully I'll win it and I can start the building but if I don't it's not a problem I can build a static one. Here are a few reference pictures,

I'm now in two minds whether to ditch the Sewer idea and recreate Hatfield Peat Works?

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:34 pm

Thanks Raider for editing the pictures, much appreciated. Well then this is my first update, only a small one. I have a massive model lorry collection 156 if I'm going to be specific and it happens that they are all 1/50 scale and On30 is 1/48! I have a few lorries in their boxes that I'm not going to display for multiple reasons. One of them is this Man G90 7.5 toner, it would go just nicely, all I need to do is to remove the decals and there we go, a plain white 7.5 toner! Sorry about the pictures - I couldn't be bothered to set the camera to my desired settings,

Luckily the cab tilts revealing a highly detailed engine, this could prove useful in many photographs in the future!

Comments and critiscm welcome,

Rhys

pete12345

Postby pete12345 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:46 pm

British Rail wrote:Hi fellas, I'm going to be scratchbuilding a fleet of Schöma locos with plasticard and balsa. For some reason, when I first 'got into' Narrow Gauge and started searching around the net I found a Schöma loco on Hatfield peat works and had a soft spot for it. So now I'm in the big gauges I just have to build some. I'm watching a chassis on eBay so hopefully I'll win it and I can start the building but if I don't it's not a problem I can build a static one. Here are a few reference pictures,

I'm now in two minds whether to ditch the Sewer idea and recreate Hatfield Peat Works?

Rhys

Try using an old Triang/hornby motor bogie for the underframe. They run on their own and are made of cast metal so have plenty of grip (run surprisingly well too) You can pick them up at most shows for a few quid.

Pete
Once an engine attached to a train, was afraid of a few drops of rain...

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:52 pm

Pete I'm watching a Peco Gas Rod mech

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:43 pm

Hi guys I have just drawn myself a plan for the loco I'm going to build, freehand of course. Note the Simplex like buffing block. I'm going to add internal details e.g., gauges, brake levers exhaust brakes etc etc.

Comments and critiscm welcome as always,

Rhys

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:36 pm

Wow great drwing as usual mate. :D :D
Kind regards, Jed

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:08 pm

Thankyou Lmsrail. Right fellas I've just marked out the track on my wood and I've extended it to 5ft 1 inches. When we move this will change to eight foot hopefully if 'she who must be obeyed' gives me the permission and space, I want the garage! I'm going to start making the embankments where the track will sit on and be able to dump the poop put of the v tippers into the lagoon.

Update later with pictures,

Rhys

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:40 pm

I've just put the baulk of scrunched up jumbo blue roll down to start to create an embankment, I have ran out of polystyrene so that's why I'm using jumbo blue roll. When it's all dried (tommorow) I'll lay the strips of newspaper on it and strips of newspaper on various scenic sections. Then I'll put the track down which is arriving on Tuesday.

Pics later,

Rhys

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:45 pm

Sounds promising Rhys, will look forward to this one mate 8)

Adam

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”