East Leake and Rothley station.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
iankemp

Postby iankemp » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:33 pm

some lucky bugger beat me to building the shed at loughborough GCR so i am gonna be cheeky and get the measurements and take pictures of it. i have a few but no measurements yet!!!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:43 am

By gad, that looks splendid. Pretty much as I envisaged when I had a gander at the sketch of the plans with the road layout et al :)

I beleive we've still a long way to go before the REAL one is rebuilt (in fact, I'm not even certain how far the demolition in Workington is progressing) so you should at least complete yours ahead of THEIR schedule ;)

Is that model on view at the GCR or is it a private model do you know? If yours is half as good- and I'm sure it will be much better than that- it will be terrific matey 8)

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

sishades

Postby sishades » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:52 am

By gad

Such crude, unsavoury use of our beloved language can not and will not be tolerated. Please think of the children :D
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Bushey Troughs

Postby Bushey Troughs » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:28 pm

Good Heavens. Looks good. BUT no ventilators!!!!.... :roll:
COLIN.
“What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it”

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:34 pm

it is on display at the GCR i wish it was mine cos it would inspire me to get more done with mine!! They have done all the stuff at the real shed it is in storage down here i think. Yeh maybe i will get mine done before them. i could show them what it may look like before they have done theirs!!!

DrStroganoff

Postby DrStroganoff » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:19 pm

Wow thats one impressive engine shed eh? I like those loco inspection pits, I think they might be a bit beyond my capability! :)

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:34 pm

you can buy inspection pits they are peco kits i think.

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:31 am

That is a great Engine shed, it looks to be a museum display?
Just caught up with you thread and thought I best go back a few pages, sorry mate. I found this picture, I have one concern I think you incline is a little step :wink: Great stuff will make sure I follow you progress a bit more :oops:

Matty

Postby Matty » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:51 am

Your wisdom amazes us all Martin.
I like cheese

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:56 am

I hope one day to pass my wisdom on to others :shock:

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:14 am

hey just caught up with my own thread. i have been in to Derby (trainlines) and got my new locos i have been promising myself.

Oliver Cromwell Sir Lamiel and Brocklebank Line.

Erm back to the thread, there isn't a incline, on the picture you have pointed out. it is cos he boards are just loosely screwed together and proped up against a wall. You may want to see the other picture with the class 20's on. you will see the layout of the inclined is on the side of the track and the track is level all the way to the bridge.

Sorry if there is any confusion on this picture.

live-frog

Postby live-frog » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:03 am

I think the model is actually a mock-up made especially for the Workington shed project
Top shed

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:43 pm

live-frog wrote:I think the model is actually a mock-up made especially for the Workington shed project
Top shed

Yeah it is Ron. I had an idea in my head of what it might look like after seeing those plans and the model has simply enhanced what I had already hoped for. It promises to be an awesome instalation. It will be a veritable hive of activity I suspect. It should hopefully help them with their rebuilding projects with the extra room.

Unfortunately, the news on this and the 'Bridging The Gap' project site is sporadic at best. I keep trying to find out any info about the state of affairs and any progress. Trouble is that news is as rare as culture on Canvey Island (beleive me, that's very rare ;) )

I personally can't wait to see it under construction, let alone built :D

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

B@rney

Postby B@rney » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:23 pm

rare as culture on Canvey Island

I thought canvey island had plenty of Bacteria on it last time i went :)

Back on topic, is there a plan of the GCR? or at least the bit you are modelling?

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:54 pm

B@rney wrote:
rare as culture on Canvey Island

I thought canvey island had plenty of Bacteria on it last time i went :)

Back on topic, is there a plan of the GCR? or at least the bit you are modelling?

yeh somewhere in this thread there is a a map of The GCR Loughborough station. I have got boards marked out up to Empress Road. At the min money is bit tight with me my partner and child being in education again.(well the partner and i are in education again!!!)

It is frustrating not hearing anything on the project i scan their websites daily. but they just say the same. i have asked on the forums but no-one answers the questions or if they do they just say"with all projects going off we cannot say at the min but rest assured there is the paper work going through." I think it is more clerical stuff and legal papers more than anything at the min. they have till 2009 -10 to make any progress on the site.

Will keep you all posted that are interrested.

Or you could visit the websites that are on here somewhere. I would type the websites out but i have a case of man flu. Lol!!!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”